A little pond that I never get tired of...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A belated welcome from me too! You have a lovely pond, I really like the big chunks of slate around the edge :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a - Arlington, VA
Hi All,

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Sorry to be a while responding, but my day job is taking way too much time away from the pond world!

TurtleMommy: I'm in Arlington, VA - just outside Washington, DC ... but don't hold that against me. Sorry you're not local, since I just gave about a bushel of Frogbit away to a local turtle owner to feed their pets. I'll probably have another excess crop in a week or so. Boy that stuff grows fast!

Michey1st: Hi neighbor. Let me know what you figure out on the liner shortage. I know you should be able to attach some more to an edge and I really need to look into that myself. And what did you think of the Rock on a roll - I saw you had used it for your pond.

J.W.: You cracked me up with your research. The name actually comes from my dog, who recently passed on. When we got him, we were his third family and he came to us with the name Milspec (which actually means military specification - i.e. tough). He was spotted and his earlier name (first family) had apparently been speckles. But he was tough and we didn't like the name speckles, so we changed Milspec to Milhouse. Since it was an unusual name (even for a dog) people were forever trying to guess the origin. It was mostly generational - older folks thought it must be a Nixon connection and younger folks went to the Simpsons. But he was just Milhouse. The name Milhousebarks comes from a project I never completed - I was going to set up a website/blog for him as a charismatic religious leader. His bark would be heard around the world and bring enlightenment to millions. Since I never built his website, I just use the name for forums... sorry you asked? lol

Ask a Question