BEAUTIFUL NATURAL SHOTS

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
It's about 15 miles from the NV border on the UT side in southwestern Utah. About 2 hour drive on a dirt road to nearest real town. It is called Modena and I think it is from the late 1800's, it is on the railroad track and there used to be a lot of silver mining in the area.

I think the reason it is "forgotten" is because of the nuke testing in the west NV desert in the 50's and the mining drying up. All the towns out there are ghost towns now.

It's about 15 miles from the NV border on the UT side in southwestern Utah. About 2 hour drive on a dirt road to nearest real town. It is called Modena and I think it is from the late 1800's, it is on the railroad track and there used to be a lot of silver mining in the area.

I think the reason it is "forgotten" is because of the nuke testing in the west NV desert in the 50's and the mining drying up. All the towns out there are ghost towns now.

Pecan,
have you ever watched the show "Ghost Adventures" on the travel channel? makes me think of some of the towns they go visit, and the several that spring up around mining operations and then disappear when the mines are abandoned, pretty cool pictures.

I took these just before Katrina hit New Orleans La. and Biloxi Ms. Look closely and you can see the outer bands of the storm as it was approaching. We were evacuated from the platform we were on only a short time before the storm made landfall. The the first one is my favorite. Every time I see them I think alot, it's where the sky meets the sea, where nature meets man, where life meets death. Only 72 hours later, I lost friends & co-workers, Rescued people and animals, saw mass destruction and miracles, saw the best is people and the worse.
When I saw the Mt. St. Helen picture it really made me think about these. I've never seen the before and after of the mountain and the eruption. I guess the thoughts of seeing them made me think of these, Hope you enjoy.

I forgot to mention in my above post, sorry to hear that you had to live through that. I'm sure it was one of the best times (being able to see the best in people and miracles, whenever I get to see that it restores your faith in man, and unfortunatly it is usually brought out most by tragedy of some kind) and the worst times having to lose people you knew, were close to, to see the destruction and the times you got to witness people at their worst. I don't believe any of the people I know who were down there had to experience that.

Larkin, those are eerie, scary, beautiful pix all at the same time...............gives me the chills thinking about what happened afterwards!

I remember the day the mountain blew............we lived in Everett, Wa. far away from the blast but that early morning May 18, 1980 at about 8:30am we heard and felt the blast. I thought our son had knocked over a dresser or something in his room. We were all getting ready for church. The devastation that followed was horrendous as you can see in the following video's and pictures in the links below!

JW,
thats crazy that you were close enough to experience that, but at least you guys were far enough away that you were not in danger.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There is nothing more beautiful than nature or as destructive.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
One thing you can say about all the picsyou see on here as it is like a mini vacation with each one

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here are a couple I took yesterday morning on a quick trip out to the desert:

DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1698.jpg

DSCN1700.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
LIKE! Neat, looks like you are high up on the top of the world! What mountain range is that called?

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Sunset on the Tennessee River (from our favorite fishing spot)
july 4th 083.JPG

Lake Michigan (my daughter and son-in-law took us on a hike to this point - beautiful)
237.JPG

I know this isn't a nature picture, but it was such a beautiful day yesterday and the flag looked awesome.

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 203
Reaction score
LIKE! Neat, looks like you are high up on the top of the world! What mountain range is that called?

Its just a Velebit , small mountain range in Croatia, by the sea. Me and my frends go there couple times a year

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
very nice, looks like a great place to hike.

Ask a Question