sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just remember up and down temps will change water quality and fish waste and even food that you feed the fish can make changes in the water and if you do not have a liquid test kit get one .You will need to address this fast before it gets out hand .Pollin from trees and rain do not help .Not sure what kind of filter you have or how it works ,that is the most important part of a pond the filter and cleaning it of gunk on the bottom of it .Not sure your filter will have built up a bio load by now ,since you had it all cleaned and redone

Reaction score
A small update since I've been able to introduce the first plants...

I've done my best to stop the run off and had to move the huge rocks around myself...

Also the chair is temporary. I have to remove that little holy bush and install a little bench... just have not found the perfect bench yet.

Had my first Hyacinth blooming... and they are starting to spread slowly :)

Will get more plants of course and waiting for my lilies to recover from the fish attack lol

The last one is my toads tadpoles with what's lefts of my lilies... they have been replanted yesterday in another tub.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0861.JPG
    IMG_0861.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 265
Reaction score
one more so far the water is clear, the bottom is brown from all the clay that has ended up in there with the big run offs, I truly hope this belongs to the past now.

Attachments

• IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 271

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well you must be doing something right because those hyacinths are huge and they look healthy and your pond is looking great .

Reaction score
Thx :) it's such a pleasure to sit by this little pond... very relaxing and rewarding right now. I still wait for a big storm to see if my work to block the rain water is gonna help...

I can't wait for few more plants, it gave so much soul to the place :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks so very nice and plants really do add a lot to a pond. Cute little tads. Bet ya can't wait for your lilies to bloom. I had one bloom so far this year but more buds are on the way :)

Reaction score
very nicely done considering what you were facing and hope heavy rain doesn't give you headaches... and i agree with sissy, water clarity will get there and hyacinths are looking great..wish i could say that about mine

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
your not the only one tmann .It seems mine don't want to grow or have babies .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
rivermist, The pond looks very nice. Just wondering do you do anything special for the tadpoles? It looks like you have a nice bunch there!

Reaction score
Thx a lot to all.

For the hyacinths I must say they were already beautiful at the store (american plant) . Although next time I will peroxide bath everything lol I thought their plants were beautiful, the water was clean; and they had a huge choice that got me lost so i just took the few I knew; will go bak for more now that I have looked the other plants online.

cometkeith I just got those guys from a puddle that was getting dry probably got between 70 and 80 but they leave as they become little toads. I wish I could find some bullfrog tadpoles lol last year I had black toads tadpoles and tree frogs tadpoles (all get them at the barn where there's a huge wildlife).
I just instal them in what is the closest to their natural environment, grasses and clay for food and hiding.

Reaction score
j.w with the tadpoles that was what was left of my lilies... they come back from the almost afterlife lol

Ask a Question