I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
OK @j.w , share yours!

Don't really have before and after. Never thought back then to take pictures of the dig.

Here is my little pond that started it all over the septic pipes:

Pond 1.jpg

Here is when I decided to make a bigger pond on the other side of the walkway and the 1st pic I took of it:

jvn01.jpg

And here is today:

IMG_8283.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
JW -- Wow! It's amazing how the plants change everything. Beautiful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Amazing how you could get your pond to look so established in such a short time @bagsmom ! I said it before and I will say it again - I love your rock work! I have no idea how you positioned those large rocks in your falls.
Thank you!
Positioning large rocks was accomplished with grunts and groans, muscle pulls, and bad words. The two biggest rocks required the help of my husband, who weighs less than I do. We weren't very Hercules-like. But we kind of figured out where we wanted them to land -- and in what direction. Dug a rock-shaped hole to act as a rock-rest. Then figured out mentally (husband was very helpful here) how to position the rock on the ground in order to roll it into place and have it land right.
Eric Triplett's videos were invaluable, too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Seriously -- after looking at everyone's pictures, I'm thinking -- I want to build a pond with a lovely terrace, like tbendl and gliebig! I want more than one, like Pecan! I want a multi-fall effect, like gliebig! And I love how cas and addy and jw have just transformed the spaces with all the plant life!
Must stay awaaaayyyy from the shovel.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
The pictures make me ashamed of my pond.
Noooooooooo!
As I recall, you have a great pond, too! Any pond with water and plants and fish and love is an AWESOME pond!

But the pix did make me think I really need to get out there with my toilet brush and clean out some string algae!

Ask a Question