double 5 gallon filter

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
On the diagram, the air valve at bottom right. Is that a check valve?
It's just an air inlet. Google "moving bed reactor" and you'll see a whole bunch of diagrams, eg:

processdesign.gif

eft_123.JPG

mbbr-500x500.png

gasman

What is the air speed of a swallow?
Reaction score
Yes thank you. I was hesitant on the jebao also but it has been bullet proof for 3 seasons already. My plants also do a great job pulling out the toxins.

gasman

Reaction score
Also I plan on using a water filter on the return line. The kind people use on their home water line. Looks like wound yarn and can be easily switched out. That would be last line of filtration.

Reaction score
More important than all of John's biofiltration, is the mechanical filtration side of things. If you can just remove the debris before it breaks down, you will have much less ammonia and nitrate to convert. How do you plan on cleaning your mechanical filter? Open up and disassemble? If you just keep all that debris in the filter, it will still break down and be returned straight to the pond.

gasman

Reaction score
Plan inserting a clean out riser with garden hose connector. Bypass valve to shut pond return down and a line to sewer drain. Run till clear. Kinda like the back wash system on my pool.

Ask a Question