addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have not used it, bet it would work great, might need to weigh it down.

Reaction score
nice idea as it's black and won't show much..but addy is probably right about weighing it down or buying air line for ponds that's already weighted

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I tried soaker hose but had to tie bricks to keep it on the bottom. Bought an eight inch air stone.

I use air stones also, they work great, 4 inch disc's about the same price as a piece of soaker hose, or less

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Cheapest route I went for my quarantine tank was 1/4" soaker hose. This small soaker hose used to connect to drip system but I connected my little aerator to it. I just put a rock on top on each end of the soaker hose.

The aquarium air stones are pretty cheap if you can a store near ya that sells them.

I suppose cost depends on availability. If ya gotta buy it online, then there are shipping costs.

50 foot roll of 1/4" soaker hose cost me 6 bucks and works quite well, create a dome of water above the surface area, which I think shows it is lifting some water to stir it, which is what ya want to accomplish. I would not compare the performance to the bigger, more expensive, air diffusors. Just something cheap that'll help stir up a little water. Ya will need to weight down the soaker hose.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
And the air stone sinks.
I was thinking about inserting in my tubes ,for more even air distrurbution along length of bottom tube rows ,air stone [sm. round 3/4 " long work but centralized,and not even, amazing how well they work as a pump pulling stuff into the tubes ,I just thought if I could even the air out intire length , would work even better ,super easy to flush out whole unit . I have cell weighted as it is ,so thats now a issue.

Ask a Question