New Pond Help

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
20240425_164226.jpg

Hello from Macedonia :)

I'm glad that I found this forum and I hope that I can get some help to prevent major problems. In attach you can see my pond plan. I have some questions:

1. Where is the best place to put my main pump? I have Sicce Eko Power 14 (12.800 l/h or 3.400 g/h) My first option is to put it in the bottom of the pond to collect the dirt. My idea is to pump the water in to the barrel for the mechanical filtration before going to the waterfall box. Second option is to be in my Intake Bay together with my second pump (5.000 l/h or 1.320 g/h). This pump fill feed my bog filter. Which option is better. Also I'm open for the new ideas. Also I have third pump with same power as the second one.

2. Is 5.000 l/h or 1.350 g/h good flow for my bog filter?

3. How do you fix stones in the pond? I don't have the special foam in my country or near buy. Is it ok to use classic cement? I'm planning to cover all the PVC with stones and to have send on the shelves.

Tnx for the help.

BR
Mozzzika

20240425_164226.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Frogs welcome 68.gif
@Mozzzika
My rocks are not glued in at all, just put in place so they don't shift.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome :) Glad you found this place - there are lots of years of experience here and plenty of willing folks to give advice.

So in my opinion, you have the two most valuable components selected: the bog and the intake bay. I have both and can't imagine how much more work it would be without them. I think your pump would need to be in the intake bay to allow it to work properly. But smarter folks than me will speak to that.
As for rocks - I have no rocks in the pond, only placed around the edge to conceal the liner. It's a small pond and it allows me to clean it much faster and easier.

I'd encourage you to read a ton of the old posts - there's so much good information available here.

Best of luck.

Ask a Question