Escargot caviar?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
FE63F741-BBD9-42B1-ADC1-076C19CBF6B7.jpeg
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a guess as to what these are... I'm thinking snail eggs, it's just that I haven't seen any snails in my pond in weeks.. I did have a few awhile back though.. what do you think?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Are they free-floating or attached to something? If you have a very strong magnifying glass or a microscope, it would be interesting to see what the little dots look like.

Anyway, I vote snail.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Looks like snail eggs if attached to the glass.
Here is a photo of some:

View attachment 113755
Definitely snail eggs......more than likely just the little spiral shell pond snails......if you bought water plants or someone gave you some pond plants you will get snails.....Koi and large goldfish will keep them in check.....but you will never get rid of them..... Look at it this way.......they eat algae and fish poop.....and your fish love to eat them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies, yes they are attached to a piece of styrofoam that I use to help my home made weir door on my skimmer work. I did buy some water hyacinth that had a couple of snails on it.. I actually picked the ones I did because they had the snails on them! I haven't seen them since though so I assumed the goldfish had eaten them..

Ask a Question