First Meatless Friday during Lent: What's for dinner?

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
This post may serve as a reminder to take the meat off from dinner plates for Catholic ponders. So what's for dinner on the first Meatless Friday during Lent? Let me start with mine:

DSC01843.jpg

Grilled porgy

DSC01846.jpg

Stir-fry shrimps

DSC01847.jpg

String beans... Hmmm... shall I boil or stir-fly them?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yum, looks good. I'm not a Catholic but I'd stir fry those beans and add some yummy kind of seasonings
Chef5e.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have gone meatless all my life never ate it never will .Raised on a farm ,but only ate the veggies .Could never think of eating meat knowing it was a breathing living thing.Hope veggies don't have feelings

Reaction score
j.w said:
Yum, looks good. I'm not a Catholic but I'd stir fry those beans and add some yummy kind of seasonings
Chef5e.gif
j.w said:
... I was a red haired freckle faced girl w/ Irish descent and would have loved to have lived over in Ireland when I was young ...
stpatsjig.gif

I love that animated chef and St-Pats', JW, you've read my mind. I stir-fired that veggies with olive oil, salt, black pepper, sesame oil, Holland-House-Sherry, and Old-Bay-Seasoning.

What did you mean you're not a Catholic:biggrin: :biggrinangelA: ? We're all Irish Catholics during this month of Saint Patrick, who's one of my favorite Saints :bowdown: .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes it's funny how when a holiday comes around we are all ready to celebrate the occasion no matter what the faith.
I have my corned beef and cabbage all ready and waiting and if DH doesn't wear the green he's in for a big pinch
Hstpats70.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
jw you know that floating plant ring well I made one for the top of my open fall filter and figure it would be great because I can grow some plants up there with filter pad between it and regular filters and when I have to get under it to clean filters for pond all I have to do is lift it up and take it off instead of taking each plant out .I think I will grow water lettuce and something else not sure yet so thanks

Reaction score
j.w said:
Yes it's funny how when a holiday comes around we are all ready to celebrate the occasion no matter what the faith.
I have my corned beef and cabbage all ready and waiting and if DH doesn't wear the green he's in for a big pinch
Hstpats70.gif

Happy St Patty's Day! I ditto your comments above.

Hey JW, save some Irish corned beef and cabbage for me, and I shall save you some of my grilled sweet sausages! We're 3,000 miles apart...hmm how can we share the mmm mmm good food:lol::confused:

Here're my grilled sausages for dinner later tonight :fish2:.
DSC01850.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
poor little piggies that gave there lives for these LOL Notice your shovel comment there johnnie as when I lived in NJ I told people I was having an affair with my snow shovel .I spent more time with that stupid shovel than I really wanted too

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sissy said:
I have gone meatless all my life never ate it never will .Raised on a farm ,but only ate the veggies .Could never think of eating meat knowing it was a breathing living thing.Hope veggies don't have feelings

They say, in some experiments, that plants how signs of stress when they are being cut. But then again you must eat something.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:fish2::LOL:well poor little plants are going to need a therapist then because I going eat those veggies and fruit too .I guess the romaine and fresh spinach salad I'm having right now I should tell them I'm sorry poor veggies poor veggies yum yum good :confused: oh by the way peewee loves fresh romaine and spinach too without dressing of course

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Johnnie those sausages look scrumptious and by now since you are many time zones ahead of us I'm sure you have devoured them by now. I guess we will just have to use our imagination when it comes to sharing our dinners.
I can smell those sausages right now and I'm drooling
drool3.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
sissy said:
jw you know that floating plant ring well I made one for the top of my open fall filter and figure it would be great because I can grow some plants up there with filter pad between it and regular filters and when I have to get under it to clean filters for pond all I have to do is lift it up and take it off instead of taking each plant out .I think I will grow water lettuce and something else not sure yet so thanks

Good Idea sissy, I'm sure it will work just fine :fish2:

Ask a Question