Fish pond in Mexico

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hello all - I'm reviving my fish pond after shutting it down a few years ago. While away on vacation, the power went out for two days and all my fish died. Also, my electricity bill was astronomically high, even though I used a small 60 watt pump. Now I'd like to ask members what they think of the Aquascape aeration kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078LTKM8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 Is this only for additional aeration or would it be enough?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

A lot would depend on the size of your pond and your fish load. This would only help aerate the water, but you still might need a pump and filter. I have that same set-up, and it works well in my 1000 gallon pool-pond.

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hello and welcome!

A lot would depend on the size of your pond and your fish load. This would only help aerate the water, but you still might need a pump and filter. I have that same set-up, and it works well in my 1000 gallon pool-pond.
Thank you. My pond is 850 gallons and I don't plan to have a lot of gold fish. I'll have water lilies, hyacinth and water lettuce. Energy consumption is a critical factor. My 60 watt pump was used for a small waterfall, which may have added to the consumption.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1631289754118.gif
@kmetzger
I find that my Laguna pumps are much more power saving than most.
https://www.lagunaponds.com/product-category/pumps/
I have found these pumps on Webs online site at pretty good prices usually but you can find them on Amazon and other places also.
Wattage below for Laguna pumps
I don't know if you can order these to Mexico or not tho.
PT8240-MaxFlo-Pump-specs.jpg

Ask a Question