j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
And if Zimmerman is found innocent all Hell will break loose as this is going to be a big racial incident. Wondering if he is found guilty who will stand up and cry "OUTRAGEOUS" for him? Politically correct, politically correct..............sick of hearing this! The division of who can call who what and get away w/ it because one group was hurt by it many yrs ago. Bad that it ever happened and bad that it is still going on but I think this politically correct stuff is just making the division deeper as one side is being allowed to be called every name in the book and no charges are ever filed. It's always racial on one side and never allowed on the other! Name calling is bad but why is one side told to just look away and the other side presses charges? How is that going to help anything. Either both sides (don't like to have to say sides as it should be all of us working together as one people) are allowed equal justice or none at all! Discrimination is at work all around us not just for one type of race.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Big Lou said:
Very well stated JW. I believe Zimmerman will be either found innocent or guilty of involuntary manslaughter. With either outcome I fear all hell will break loose in Sanford and South Florida.

Very well stated JW. I believe Zimmerman will be either found innocent or guilty of involuntary manslaughter. With either outcome I fear all hell will break loose in Sanford and South Florida. (added) I hope he is found innocent yet there are no true winners in this tragic event.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yeah, as working in agriculture, I experience quite a bit of this racism and discrimination against folk. If ya don't believe me, then just work in a crop rogueing crew for a few seasons and you will experience all of the nonesense that occurs simply between the workers. There are some small hispanic towns around me and I would definitely not go to some local pubs for that exact reason, which is fine since I never would go there. My dad and I enjoy just doing road trips through the states near us. New Mexico is a wonderful place, but there were some small towns of around 100 people or so, almost like villages, that had signs posted at the entrance of the town stating, "caucasion, non-indians do not enter", regardless if we needed gas or anything like that.

I bet ya, due to how this court case and critics have gotten so stirred by the media race baiters, if I actually got to the situation, tried to talk the kid off the fella, telling him the cops were coming, and then, if he would not stop, I would eventually pull my pistol, not to shoot or shoot one into the grass, just to scare the kid or, if I didn't have my pistol, then tackle him to pin him down until cops got there. Sure, I would expect a firearm discharge citation, but I bet there would also be aggravated assault charges or unnecessary force charges, but I bet ya there would be an added hate crime charge against me added on to that charge irregardless of the situation of trying to save both of their lives.

Just this morning, I was watching the news of folk in a subway. There was a fella in his wheelchair that ran off the deck onto the tracks. Plenty of folk saw it happened and just stood there. Only one fella, an army fella, instantly, almost instinctively reacting, came down to quickly get him out. Once the army fella went, finally others came to help.

Too many folk stand back, nervous, waiting for others to initiate the action before getting involved. Too few good folk out around about nowadays simply due to being scared of the potential retaliation against them.

If someone properly intervened with some common sense, then I bet ya that kid would still be alive.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nobody wants to get involved in anything nowadays. Lots just ignore stuff going on in their own neighborhoods. They would rather just put up w/ the rif raf and trouble makers and let someone else deal w/ it all when it comes to a great big head. They will complain all day long about something and when you suggest to them lets do something about it.................then they just all disappear and crawl back into the woodwork. I found this out myself as I tried to let a neighbor know about how his teenager was acting in our area here. I won't go into all the nasty details but it was a problem that needed attention before someone got hurt. I decided to take it upon myself to start the ball rolling w/ this kid. Nobody came to help me w/ any of it. The kid then turned his attention on me and harassed me for over 2 years. His father turned the hose on me one day. I called the cops. Cops told kid to knock off coming over to our private road and harassing me. They told father he could be charged w/ assault on me but I chose not to press charges as still trying to keep the peace and work things out. Kid kept on w/ his threats and harassment. One final day last month he came flying out of his driveway on his motorbike w/ a friend on the back and zoomed up to me and said keep away from our roads(which he does not own) and said if I did not leave he would shoot me. He did not have a gun and zoomed away back towards his home. He then came back w/ what I thought was a rifle or a shotgun.............don't know my guns very well. He still had the friend on the back and he then told me again to leave or he would shoot me. I left fast and ran to a neighbors house where I called the police. Lots of cop cars came and tracked him down finally and he still had the gun and the kid on the back w/ him. The kid on the back backed up my statements and they took the other one off to jail. I pressed charges. This kid is only 14 yrs old. What is he going to be like when he is older if someone doesn't stop him now. I now have a restraining order against the kid and his dad. The judge asked me if I wanted the dad on there and I did not know I could so I said yes. The dad wants his name off of it now and another court date is set for next week. The dad seems to encourage the kid to harass me it seems. He does not set a good example as a father. I don't hold much faith in a restraining order so this may just continue on and on. I asked neighbors if they wanted to write any experiences that they had had w/ the kid to the judge. Guess what...................I got no letters from any of them.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Ya did good for not just jumping on the father as the cops suggested; too many folk are too quick to react like that.

Now, in regards to the kids, due to what the kids did, the father definitely should be held partly responsible in this involvement for not calming the situation and it being his kid. Too many parents scate away when they should not abe allowed to.

I would have done exactly the same as you JW and a shame on those neighbors for being cowards.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It is just sad that we have to get the police involved every time there is a problem. Used to be that neighbors could work things out when the kids misbehaved and got into trouble. Now neighbors next door to each other don't even know who each other are anymore. And they have the attitude that their kid is never wrong and just leave us alone and mind your own business. Well when my life and safety become an issue I have to get involved but looks like now I will have to call the cops anytime anything happens.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
That was done and the punk kept attacking.

capewind said:
In the current case, something as simple as YELLING from inside a home something like HEY, what's going on ... or the police have been called, could have potentially minimized the events of that night, or brought it to an end without injuries beyond a physical squabble.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I also blame the prosecutor of inflaming the closing agruments.

I think he should walk free, but the Jury might feel for the victim instead of following the law for self defense.

Reaction score
I have been following this case a bit but since I dont ever watch TV all my news comes from the web. It doesn't seem there is any way Zimmerman will be convicted of the more serious charges, and as already stated, there are definite grounds for appeal. I honestly hope his is found not guilty on all accounts because I can't wait to see all of the "reverse racism" that comes of of the Martin supporter side.

On a side note, it is obvious to me that when someone says something like "youll shoot someone and it will go right through them and kill the kid behind them" or something like that, they know nothing about guns and ammo. A self defense round does not have a full metal jacket. It goes into someone and the tip mushrooms or the bullet breaks apart into several pieces. There is little to no danger of a well placed round going through a person and killing someone else. That said, not everyone is wise enough to use these kids of bullets in their gun.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Big Lou said:
Very well stated JW. I believe Zimmerman will be either found innocent or guilty of involuntary manslaughter. With either outcome I fear all hell will break loose in Sanford and South Florida. (added) I hope he is found innocent yet there are no true winners in this tragic event.
No hell will break loose in this case IMO. The trial showed the full details of the case to a wider audience as it did for me. Before the trial I thought he was the cop wanna be taking justice in his own hands.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
dieselplower said:
On a side note, it is obvious to me that when someone says something like "youll shoot someone and it will go right through them and kill the kid behind them" or something like that, they know nothing about guns and ammo. A self defense round does not have a full metal jacket. It goes into someone and the tip mushrooms or the bullet breaks apart into several pieces. There is little to no danger of a well placed round going through a person and killing someone else. That said, not everyone is wise enough to use these kids of bullets in their gun.
What ? I was joking and don't tell me I know nothing about guns and ammo. I have 7 rifles and 5 handguns. I know nothing about shooting humans thank goodness.

My point to Charles was IF you have people running around with concealed handguns and they use them, that makes accidental killings way more likely.

Reaction score
waynefrcan said:
What ? I was joking and don't tell me I know nothing about guns and ammo. I have 7 rifles and 5 handguns. I know nothing about shooting humans thank goodness.

My point to Charles was IF you have people running around with concealed handguns and they use them, that makes accidental killings way more likely.
Sorry I did not pick up that it was a joke. Also, I dont really ever see stories about a person with a concealed weapon accidentally killing the wrong person. Do you? Im sure the corrup liberal media in this country would publish that story to no end. Yet, I dont see them.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Maybe I should have said he would miss and hit a kid in a stroller. But he was hell bent on killing the perp so I went with that scenario. I alrdy know from this case the bullet fragmented inside the victim.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
dieselplower said:
Sorry I did not pick up that it was a joke. Also, I dont really ever see stories about a person with a concealed weapon accidentally killing the wrong person. Do you? Im sure the corrup liberal media in this country would publish that story to no end. Yet, I dont see them.
How many cases have you heard of a person having the gun turned on them? Lots of those stories out there. That might have happened here as well. We just don't know how the gun came into play 100% as no witness had the guts to stay and help as Charles said or see the final 15 seconds as I have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question