Gnats, gnats, gnats

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seriously - anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of them? They are flying just above the pond water. The fish do jump up to eat them and I have bullfrogs, but they are definitely outnumbered. It's gross - can't even sit out there. :(. Thanks!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Not sure this will work outside but it works inside.

Simply place a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, a few drops of dish soap, and a tablespoon of sugar in a bowl and stir. Set your bowl in an area where gnats are prevalent.

Also a fruit trap can prove effective.Cover a jar of overripe fruit with plastic wrap and poke small holes into the wrap’s surface. The gnats will smell a food source and enter the jar, becoming trapped.f

Also wonder if you just took your garden hose and sprayed them all w/water and let them fall into the pond and drown and fish will eat them up! Maybe this treatment first and then set out the other stuff above to prevent them from becoming too many again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
They are annoying...Don't have a lot here in Florida but I had a ton in Virginia...j.w. gave some good suggestions to try...Hopefully they won't last long...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patinmb

Latest Threads