Hello, Pond Forum! New Member with Pond in Progress

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice! Off to a great start. I understand boulders are an expensive delicacy in Florida?

I know what that’s like. I’ve been changing my plans as I go for over a year. All for the best in the end, though. Sometimes you start out with modest plans and don’t realize how much better it can be until you’re in the thick of it.

Look forward to following the progress.
The cost of rock/boulders was a shock to me! The limestone boulders were the cheapest I could find after a few weeks of search.

At one point I was negotiating with a company in Georgia and even running numbers on renting a truck to haul them myself (they wouldn’t deliver to FL) but gas prices, time, and idea of hauling 20 tons that distance just didn’t make sense. I’m not even sure if I’m licensed for that ‍♂️

Free sand though

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm… I used an “I don’t know- hands in air emoji” and the male symbol was used instead. I don’t know ‍♂️

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad it's been informational. wHEN I BUILT MINE IT WAS SOME INFO FROM HERE A LITTLE FROM OVER THERE and a tid bit from way back there and try to blend them all together. So i made the showcase. IF you have gone through twice a guess my fear of being to big isn't the case.

keep the pictures coming in jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Hmm… I used an “I don’t know- hands in air emoji” and the male symbol was used instead. I don’t know ‍♂️
Welcome to the Emoji section of the Forum. Perhaps the emoji is "smarter" than we know and referencing self-hauling of the 20 tons of rock, which is quite the tonnage. Let's see if the GPF smiling emoji works for me. Yup. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My neighbors say that all the time even long after i finished the pond .. Not quite sure why !!!!

Doctor mcboy

hes dead jim
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago while looking for helpful articles/videos to build my first pond.

My 3 young boys, my wife, and myself live in Central Florida. Our pond project began about two months ago with my sons attempting to dig a small pond with shovels for a fish pond. Currently, the general plan is:

• 15 x 40 main pond
  • Intake bay
  • Built-up wetland filter along the back corner of the pond (L-shaped) for a waterfall(s) with collection ponds(?) moving the water back into the pond.

Although I have been pouring through videos, articles, etc over the past ~month, this is entirely new to me. Therefore, please don't hesitate to offer any constructive feedback :)

As of this morning, we had ~60 tons of limestone rock and boulders delivered.

The rest of this week, my goal is to complete the footprint for our wetland filter, order plumbing/drainage materials, and decide on which external pump(s) to purchase.

Here are several pictures of the project from the initial dig, up through today's rock delivery. If it appears that I am doing everything completely out of order, I am quite confident that I am :ROFLMAO:

I am looking forward to learning from others here and admiring the work you all have already done.

-Cole

PS - I had some issues attaching the images, however here is a link to the images on my Google Drive:
your famnily is awesome. good luck!

Ask a Question