Hello, I'm new. Pete C is my name and I live in the Oxford area of the UK. My pond is a self made 4' by 2' by 2' tank free standing on my decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slugs. My water level regularly lowers itself by 4/5 inches. When looking closely at the drop in water level I noticed a number of small longish slugs around the top of the tank, in the water area, as though they were coming from below the waterline!!

How do I kill these and any others in the water and keep the fish safe at the same time?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hello Pete C is my name
living in Oxford's fame
admitting in shame
that slugs are my game!

slugs are looking for their type of food, so get rid of that and you get rid of slugs. Also, I think fish will eat any slugs that make their way into the water, so not a worry. Alternatively, you can make a slug trap (outside the tank) and the slug pellets will both attract and poison the slugs. Google slug n snail bait.

I'd be a lot more worried by 'my water level REGULARLY lowers itself by 4/5 inches.' Get that fixed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1635447514682.gif
@Peter Collins

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Speaking as a slug and snail lover what did they ever do to raise alarms. I have never read that they are a problem for a pond though with the incredible slime that they have it maybe. Yahoo it . I hate Google

Ask a Question