Hi from Montana!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Then while I am complaining about her, let us not forget that I had to rescue her koi from her filthy pond, she never did nothing, never even cleaned the filters! HOW is SHE going to Care for a BABY!!! Then I had to take her koi late last fall and one skinny one died! All her koi in my middle pond are sooooo Skinny, I never seen such skinny koi!!! She must have fed them the dumb Vegan diet or something too!! You can tell which koi are her koi in my middle pond, cause they are like anorexic looking compared to my big fat healthy koi!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
OMG I know, she is not ever going to get her kid vaccinated either! Then I heard on the news that a religious group of people in British Coloumbia had an outbreak of Measles and now some doctors think it should be made law that your kid get vaccinated. Then schools will not accept children that are not vaccinated these days, but she will just homeschool the kid.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Your sister is certainly out in left field in my book, too. But, then, if I was so dead set about something I believed in, I guess I might go overboard, too. I just won't subject a child to what I believe in, to the detriment of the child. It's just not fair. That child will be skinny and unhealthy, I just have to believe it will be. That is, if the child even survives the birth! That's a whole other issue! Yikes!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I suspect the baby is already quite small, as her bump looks quite small, considering she is about six months along. Not sure when she is due, she says sometime in June. She does not know exactly cause she has not been to a doctor since her last kid was born... like 17 years ago!! I cannot tell her anything cause she thinks she knows it all!! There should be a law made for people like her! I love my sisters but quite frankly I think I am the only "normal" one in the whole darn bunch! Nothing like a Vegan who thinks they know it all! I call them vegetable brains!! They are not at all like a vegeterian, cause they don't even eat honey cause it comes from an animal, no milk, no meat, no eggs, no dairy, and she does NO SOY! So where is she going to get her protein from??? She does not even take pre-natal supplements cause she thinks her diet is far superior than anybody else's diet! The trouble with vegans is that their diet becomes like a religion for them, and they won't listen to anyone, not even a Doctor, cause they THINK they know it all!! My other dumb vegan Sister also became a vegan two years ago and she is just sicker than sick! She has chrons and maybe something worse, she is not suposed to eat raw vegs or any fiber, but she does not listen to doctor either cause that one thinks the vegan diet will cure her, but she is just getting sicker and sicker, she cannot work, has no energy, very pale, cannot digest anything hardly, and the doctors want her to have surgery but she won't cause she too is going mental! Shoot me if I ever turn Vegan Please!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow that does sound bad Colleen. How did all this vegan stuff sneak into your family? I think an intervention is due!
I hope the best for the little tiny baby and the life that may be in store for him/her. Could be a very sad outcome :(

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes, I am very worried about her, it is stressing me out. It is good to hear that some people have normal life and like My Pond. I can't make them anything to eat, cause they think my food is all bad, I think they have an eating disorder. I don't know why they went vegan a couple years bac but they used to eat meat, eggs and everthing back then they looked alot better too.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have 3 sisters that are convinced they have every disease in the world, got to love internet searches. One that refuses to ever go to a doctor, but she eats well.
two convinced they have celiac disease without any diagnosis, 3 that won't eat wheat products, but if they eat wheat it does not effect them, unless they know they ate wheat. We all have family with issues lol

The child is the one in trouble colleen, I hope it turns out well.

Reaction score
Started my pond up late yesterday afternoon :). I netted half of the bottom of the pond and will finish netting the other half this next weekend. The fish seem to be swimming around more then they have so far this spring and it looks like some of them are munching on the algae. The pond water wasn't as clear this spring as it usually is so hoping the filters will do their job and tomorrow the water will be clearer.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Now is the time to get everything back up to full speed, everyday the sun grows stronger and higher in the sky. I switched my slower winter pumps around and greatly increased the water flow and filteration. I netted my pond too a couple weeks ago and groom the aquatic mint shoots to free it of algae as well. My Marsh marigold is really bursting out today, weather has improved 100% this weekend. I think this weekend was the warmest this year so far! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 70's!! Joy Joy!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I need to net and clean my prefilter now I believe as things are mucking up in there. Warmer now so need to do it! Was thinking of buying some of that stuff you throw in and makes it all rise to the surface so you can easily net it out.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have never tried that, but my pond is easy to access and I can walk all around right next to deepest parts and get in with a net. Plus I have been doing a little every day, and that helps a lot. If you can just do a little bit every day that will be good and then before you know it the pond will be clean again! :)

Ask a Question