addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have some in our side yard between us and the north neighbors. They are around 15 feet apart, 30 plus feet high. Where the branches intertwine or shade each other they brown out but you don't see it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ours are only 10ft apart but you could do 15ft and they'd still be close enough prolly. Maybe we don't get the brown out cuz we don't get as hot as you guys way back east of us. Or put them farther apart so they won't touch when they get huge.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yippee!!!! My friend just had her second baby last night, a girl. She's thrilled, too.
JW, how large were your Leyland Cypress trees when you planted them? I'm finding them at Arbor Foundation, but they are only a foot tall at most. I think that's a LOT of babying for the next year or two. Wondering if I should suck it up and find some larger specimens .... or maybe just put a milk jug around them and go for it!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Home depot, lowes, costco carry them here and pretty cheap in the spring. Like 30 bucks or so for a 6 foot or taller tree.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
If you get the small ones CE, they may root better and grow fast if you give them lots of love. I don't think you should get the big ones, just in case they don't like your dry hot windy weather, cause some of those types need more mostiure and humidity I think, not too sure.

I only have a few bulbs that are starting to grow right up against the summy side of my house. But I fear the recent cold spell may have froze them too hard, we shall see...

MyPond, How EXTRA Exciting!! And a Boy!! Like that she made you wait till party, makes everything EXTRA Exciting!! I am sure you will have lots of fun waiting for new bundle of Joy to arrive!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
My computer is acting wacky tonight, the site won't open, JW. Can you tell me the size and/or price they were advertised at? I will be going to a city tomorrow that probably has both Home Depot and Lowes .. may pick up a few. I see that they are for more southern climates, all the way up to Zone 6, which is what I am, but wondering how they would have done this past winter. May just have to give them a try, though.
MT I keep thinking about your great news. How exciting that must be. I just keep "borrowing" babies to satisfy my Nana craving ... for now.

Last edited:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CE if you belong to costco, our costco here has some really nice big ones for 15 bucks. I did not notice the pot size, but they were around 5 - 6 feet tall.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
ha ha ha, CE you are funny, borrowing babies, he he he. Me I just get my grown sisters kids now, but wait, the older 50 years old vegan sister will have to borrow me her baby!! ha ha ha But I think she would be afraid I would feed baby real food! I may just have to stick to furry babies ! :panda:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OMG, I can't imagine an infant growing up without meat! Yikes, I wonder what doctors think about that? I guess maybe it's no different than anything else, as long as they get protein. What will she feed the baby for protein?
I need to find where the closest Lowes is to me (no Costco, either, but maybe they are all in the same city, probably at least 60 miles from me) and get some of those trees!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I do not know CE, she is way to eccentric and lost her marbles I think.... This Vegan thing is for extreme people, and she always was "extreme". The Vegan diet is very hard to follow cause there is no animal products at all, no eggs, no dairy, not even Honey cause that comes from a Bee and that would be "mean to the bees" she says!!! I say "NutCase"!!!

It is a free world and she has no doctor, cause she says she is not "sick" and animals give birth in the wild without stress and they do fine?? I said to her "Can You Say Mental" and she did not like that too much! Then she is planning to have the baby at home, or she now says she is going back to her Ex Husbands farms where her older Vegan daughter will be, and she may decide to give birth there! Weirdo!!!

Then of course there will be know Doctor for her kid as well, I think that may be against the law or something... cause she thinks we do not need doctors cause of her superior vegan diet!!! I said Give your head a shake!!

Ask a Question