Hi, from naturalman

Reaction score
I'm happy and excited to be on Garden Pond Forum. My pond is going into its 6th year and is what we call a wildlife pond. All critters are welcome other than the troublesome variety. We began with a dozen goldfish which did quite well. After two years changed them out for two gamefish i.e. Bluegill & Largemouth bass which also did well. After three years changed them out forYellow perch which were installed last Fall.

Our pond is about 30x50 ft. with a maximum depth of 5.5 ft.The water is held in a rubber liner which has thusfar been trouble free. There are no artificial oxygenating means or filters. Since we live in a rural area of Wisconsin,U.S.A. there are plenty of insects that provide ample food. At the moment there are 12-14 inches of ice cover with a small opening thanks to recirculating pump that operates from December through February.

Your comments are welcome.

Reaction score
welcome to the forum
th_welcomeanimatedgifs.gif

~Marino~

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
flowerwelcomeWHT.gif
Naturalman
That's a huge size pond you got there. If the ice ever melts we'd love to see pictures :bowdown:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Naturalman, Welcome! Do you have any pictures how you built the pond? I be that was one heavy liner!

Reaction score
Hi, and welcome NaturalMan!

that's not a pond, that's a LAKE compared to my pondle (cross between a puddle and a pond).

Wisconsin, brrrrrrrrrrrrr. Question, that that bass get switched out because it went well with potatoes and a little grillin?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :fingersx:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh wow, your not kidding...........that thing is a beast but it's gonna be worth it in the end.........of course there really is never an end but we know that before we get started. Will be neat to see how you finish it up as you go :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow natural man swimming hole or pond and welcome to the forum .Glad I didn't have to help with that liner I would still be stuck under it if I had put that one in like I put mine in .. HELP HELP LET ME OUT .

Reaction score
sissy
thank God for great neighbors as far as putting that liner in place! the two of us were just able to manage it. I must say,however, that all the effort has certainly been worthwhile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest Threads