Hi

Reaction score
Hello,
My introduction:
I am new to pond building, this is my first. I have always wanted a Koi pool so when I got my first garden this was my chance!. It is 16' long by 7' wide (at its widest, as it is kidney shaped) and 5' deep at its deepest. It has a 1.5' wall surrounding it with a Spill pool. Filter is pump fed to the spiller pool and then from there into the main pond. Have been running it for 9 months and has been great untill my blanket weed treatment issue. As you will see my cry for help in my other post. I have 6 Koi. 2 at 6", 2 at 12" and 2 at 24".
Their names are Larry, Mo, Butch, Sundance, Albert and Edward.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums Kris!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
animated-welcome-jumping-kid-2.gif

Welcome again!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wecome kris and love those fish names .Larry and mo of the three stooges I'm guessing but where is curly .Sundance kid and maybe butch cassidy and the others from england just a guess

Reaction score
Hi all,
Many thanks for your warm welcome to this site. Yes larry and mo are from the three stooges. I lost curly due to an ulcer he developed on his gills. Butch and Sundace are the famous duo. I just love the Newman / Redford film. Albert and Edward are named after my Grandfather who I lost in April.
As my pond is faily new I was not going to add any more fish untill spring next year. I will probably get two more and that will do for me. If I do I am going to name them Stan and Ollie after the greatest comedy duo of all time!.

Reaction score
Welcome Kris~! I had goldfish named Stan and Ollie when I was a kid/young adult. I had found them in a creek near our house and brought them home. They lived over 14 years.

Reaction score
Hi mate,
Nice one, so you are an l&h fan too then?. Sunnyvale cal...sounds a great place. I didnt realise that ponds and fishkeeping are so popular in the states.

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
Welcome Kris! Yes, ponding has become very popular here. I think us baby boomers retiring or about to are contributing to the boom. It's such a rewarding experience, although we may need to shift some of our savings into stock in ibuprofen/tylenol, shovels, picks, pvc, scrubbies, and that infamous black foam from he!! . :(

Reaction score
Yep, Kris, I love L&H films. We used to watch them when I was growing up. Parents would rent the 16mm film from the library and show them on our bedroom window shade~! It seems that ponding is very big here. I didn't realize what a science it could be until I started researching it on the web :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Levi346939

Latest Threads