how many Water Hyacinth is too much?

PS3

Reaction score
In the spirng i got 7 Water Hyacinth's now they grew to about 15 to 16.
i do have a air pump with 2 air stones for the bottom of the pond its geting air.
so what is a good amount for these plants thanks i have 1000 gallon pond
should i stop it at 20 plants ??

PS3

Reaction score
In the spirng i got 7 Water Hyacinth's now they grew to about 15 to 16.
i do have a air pump with 2 air stones for the bottom of the pond its geting air.
so what is a good amount for these plants thanks i have 1000 gallon pond
should i stop it at 20 plants ??

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if theres nutrients to sustain them let them go...until you get good surface coverage...theyre eating nutrients that may otherwise contribute to alge and /or poor water quality, as long as your other plants arent suffering because of them.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if theres nutrients to sustain them let them go...until you get good surface coverage...theyre eating nutrients that may otherwise contribute to alge and /or poor water quality, as long as your other plants arent suffering because of them.

PS3

Reaction score
Thanks koiguy. i think haveing all these Hyacinth's really helped me this year, the water is cyrstal clear and the water quality is good.
i do have a potted plant. in the pond also. and i think with the air stones helping the pond is well balanced

PS3

Reaction score
Thanks koiguy. i think haveing all these Hyacinth's really helped me this year, the water is cyrstal clear and the water quality is good.
i do have a potted plant. in the pond also. and i think with the air stones helping the pond is well balanced

Ask a Question