addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In our HT pond, I put lilies, different marginals, parrots feather, mares tail, this and that. I also bought 9 small fan tails, they are small, around 2 inches maybe in size. The fan tails are calico and white with a red head.
IMG_2646.JPG
IMG_2654.JPG

Well today I was looking into the water and to my total surprise, I saw tiny fan tail babies. About 1/4 of a inch swimming around. Tried to get a picture but they hide fast. No clue how many.

Never thought those tiny fish could or would spawn.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like things a bit on the wild side.
lol I am glad hubby likes it wild also..................

I have some plant growing everywhere! I am waiting to see if it flowers. Keep wanting to take a pic to try and id it, but never get around to it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In our HT pond, I put lilies, different marginals, parrots feather, mares tail, this and that. I also bought 9 small fan tails, they are small, around 2 inches maybe in size. The fan tails are calico and white with a red head. View attachment 112798 View attachment 112797

Well today I was looking into the water and to my total surprise, I saw tiny fan tail babies. About 1/4 of a inch swimming around. Tried to get a picture but they hide fast. No clue how many.

Never thought those tiny fish could or would spawn.

I love the pattern on the lilly in the second pic . crazy , is it actualy a hardy lilly>?

It's crazy I was looking into the pond the other day and I saw the usual mosquito lava swimming around and the usual other twisty and darting little plankton, if fresh water fry are called plankton. any who what do I see but can't be more then a 1/8" long fish then two and three. Crazy the pond is only what a little more then 8 weeks old and it's full of life. so glad I created this eco system.

Last edited:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I saw the usual mosquito lava swimming around
They don't have a chance in my ponds or yards. We seldom even see a mosquito in our yard.

That is a plant with real pretty yellow flowers. Yellow snow flake, bought it where I bought the fish. so it survives here, hopefully. It either floats or can be planted. Love the leaves, it grows great!
IMG_2654.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
BEAUTIFUL! I can only imagine how cute fantail babies must be!!!!!!
They are so darn cute, with their little tri tails

I have had fan tails in the 1000 gallon tank for years, no babies, they are with shubbies.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Congrats on the new babies!
smawesome.gif

Your whole garden is beautiful!! I love the purple and the pink Lilies, and the yellow snowflake plant, are they hardy?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow how neat and happy for you on the new babies and your plants all over the property are growing beautifully! Love the lilies in bloom and that cool looking Snow Flake plant.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Congrats on the new babies!View attachment 112840
Your whole garden is beautiful!! I love the purple and the pink Lilies, and the yellow snowflake plant, are they hardy?
The purple is a hybrid, dear honey paid 125 per for them. They are slowly making tubers. I make sure they are sunk deep over winter.

The yellow snowflake was grown at the fish hatchery, so it should survive here 6b.

The pink survives everything.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Congra tree s and that is such a beautiful setting . Love it so lush and full.

Ask a Question