I struggle :(

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Don't quit your day job. Only a very few of those that enter into the field of design/build of Water Features survive. Of those, only a small percentage actually make enough to support themselves. The rest either add landscaping/hardscaping to their palate or use it as supplemental income.
With the DIY movement growing, the demand for professional Water Feature services is rapidly shrinking and quickly becoming a niche high-end business. If your local demographics will not support this, do not even consider entering into this field of work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
pecan, you are not the only one.... I think a lot of us want to create the perfect pond and after all the hard work and learning when your pond is "done" then what comes next? i "finished" my pond a few years ago and my wife thinks it's great and nothing further should be done and certainly don't take up more of the yard then what I have already, but how dissapointing for me because it was a lot of fun making changes to it along the way and I really enjoyed it. Maybe we need a "ponds anonymous" for us frustrated pond builders that have nothing to do!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well well, I think I've decided I need another pond LOL!!!

I was watering one of the flower beds the other day after work. It's been in the 100's here and it was hot watering the flower beds. I have planted for the most part low maintenance plants, many of which are native to the area to reduce maintenance, but the flower beds are still more maintenance than the ponds.

I was also thinking how hubby and I are planning on digging the big pond deeper here in a few years and I am not sure what I am going to do with my large koi while that is going on. Our small pond is far too small for them.

I have also always wanted a QT. So...

I think ill put a medium sized pond in the center of one of our beds. With a small bog and waterfall. I am thinking about 4-5 feet deep and about 8 feet long and 4-6 feet wide.

That will give me a place to temporarily keep the big koi (with frequent water changes of course) while we dig the big pond deeper. It will also provide me with a QT and it will take up some flower bed space.

Struggle is over for now LOL, until I am done with the new pond of course and go through the struggle all over again. Ha!

I think ill start the dig as soon as the ground thaws around Feb next year.

Ask a Question