I struggle :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have a problem of wanting new ponds and water features, for no good reason really. I have a large nice pond and I have a small nice pond and a nice large bog and some cool pots turned into fountains and a traditional waterfall.

But I want more. Thinking about it, I think it's that I want to design and build them more than actually have a bunch more ponds in my yard.

It is truly a struggle. So many wonderful ideas out there I see by the beautiful pictures posted on here. I think to myself, I need to build one like that, and that and that and that!

I try appease this "addiction" by making small changes constantly to the ponds, bogs, I have but its not the real thing! It's like eating cheesecake yogurt instead of real cheesecake! Just doesn't hit the spot.

I need help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
When you finish up at tbendi's place, head on over here!!! Maybe you need to look into getting a job in the field, you're very talented!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have thought about that Tula, but I am a chicken :( I work in the stock market industry and have for 15 years. I'd be much happier moving rocks and playing in the dirt for a living but I am just a big chicken! afraid to make a change. :unsure::nailbiting:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Does your state have a Master Gardener program? It's something I've considered applying for (it's a volunteer thing with the county) just so I can have an excuse to learn more about plants and try to help others. I've also been pimping out my pond ideas to friends... one of them has seen our oasis and wants one for themselves. So, I get to offer advice and guidance while hopefully NOT expending all the muscle & money to make it happen ;-)

If all else fails... what does your front yard look like? Maybe in need of a pondless water feature or two?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Does your state have a Master Gardener program? It's something I've considered applying for (it's a volunteer thing with the county) just so I can have an excuse to learn more about plants and try to help others. I've also been pimping out my pond ideas to friends... one of them has seen our oasis and wants one for themselves. So, I get to offer advice and guidance while hopefully NOT expending all the muscle & money to make it happen ;-)

If all else fails... what does your front yard look like? Maybe in need of a pondless water feature or two?

Some good ideas! Yes I have heard of the Master Gardener program here as one of my employee did it! I will have to look into that. Maybe I should get involved in some local pond clubs too :) As far as this thing you call "friends" what is that? ;) LOL my hubby and I are kind of introverts LOL

Front yard is small, nice and unassuming. It is camouflage so people don't know what is in the back LOL.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I recently attended my first koi show and am attending an auction this week end. It's fun to talk with fellow ponders and look at their fish. These two events are held in large, gorgeous nurseries, so it's a wonderful setting :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Some good ideas! Yes I have heard of the Master Gardener program here as one of my employee did it! I will have to look into that. Maybe I should get involved in some local pond clubs too :) As far as this thing you call "friends" what is that? ;) LOL my hubby and I are kind of introverts LOL
Pond clubs are a GREAT idea! I have no idea if we have anything like that around here. I could just drive up to visit @addy1, steal some honey and a shubbie or two and call it "club dues" LOL! I might have to add @LoganinMD to the loop as well.

As for being introverts... yep! We don't socialize much, but have an inner circle of people we've been close with for years. Some "get" ponds, others don't. It's the ones that do get it that we tend to hang out with more ;-)

Also, what about the workplace? There are 2 subjects I can talk about all day (and have a different set of coworker listeners for each). 1. Game of Thrones, and 2. Ponds/gardening ;-)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got involved with a local garden center to help other ponders here to figure out there ponds or give them free fish and frogs .It is fun to help others and help them figure out what we can all do to improve our ponds and discuss issues we are having .We share ideas and help new people who want ponds or have ponds they don't understand what they should do to get there ponds working right .It is fun

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your ponds are beautiful! And when your done at tbendl and Tulas house mine is next :D

Instead of jumping in and quitting your job to start your own business you could always start with pond design as a part time side job. See how things progress from there.

Ask a Question