Increase waterfall volume sound

RNB

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to increase the volume of my 6-H x 9'W rock waterfall sound due to road noise. What are the best ways to do so?

If I go the electronic route, what type of microphone, without picking up the road noise., Amp, speakers?

Does increasing pump size make a big difference?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Size does matter...............in the pump! Wow you are already 6ft high but then the width is very wide. Not sure how big you would have to go in size. How big is the pump you are using now?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A9 FOOT WIDE waterfall is huge and to get almost any sound you'd need a minimum of 10000 gph and that's to start photos are a must

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
I want to increase the volume of my 6'H x 9'W rock waterfall sound due to road noise. What are the best ways to do so?

Photos would help! Six feet high is huge (like 2 meters)! But if the water is trickling down the entire 3 meter width, you won't get much sound. Having a larger volume of water would give more sound, but you'd potentially also lose a lot of water to splash.

Here are a few things to consider:

• Narrow the water fall, or even better, split it into a number of narrower streams, each with its own steps and cascades.

• Within the larger cascades, create pools for the falling water to splash into. Deeper pools will create a deeper sound; shallower ones will create a higher-pitched sound.

• Carve out a hollow space behind the falls to create an echo chamber. This can significantly increase the sound.

• Use rock on either side of the falls to create a natural amphitheater to bounce the sound back toward the viewing/listening point.

Cheers!

Ask a Question