Introduction Post

Reaction score
Hi there,

My boyfriend and I just finished building a small container pond (only 13 gallons) in our apartment. It has three hanging baskets suspended above and we have a pump in the main container to the top so the water is always flowing. It makes for a very peaceful and aesthetically pleasing piece. 1380146941370.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi, and welcome to the GPF! Nice that you were able to figure out a way to make a little garden pond! It won't be long before you're wanting to move outdoors with the idea!

Reaction score
There are two 2" goldfish and a 3/4" octo...something something. I forget the name, but he's an algae eater and he'll only grow to 2". There is a beta fish in the top and middle bowl with a small water lettuce.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
It's an Otocinclus. I have one of those too!
dys_momma said:
There are two 2" goldfish and a 3/4" octo...something something. I forget the name, but he's an algae eater and he'll only grow to 2". There is a beta fish in the top and middle bowl with a small water lettuce.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very cute idea and original build you did there .But maybe bottom pot should be a little off your carpet or it could mold or stain bad and you sure don't want to pay damages to the landlord when you move

Reaction score
We do plan on getting a rubber/vinyl mat to go there, but for the time being, there is no splash onto to carpet. The third hanging basket has multiple small holes drilled into the bottom and along on side to allow for rain-like drainage and we positioned it right over the dwarf cattail so that eliminates all the splash.

sissy said:
very cute idea and original build you did there .But maybe bottom pot should be a little off your carpet or it could mold or stain bad and you sure don't want to pay damages to the landlord when you move

Ask a Question