Introduction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!
Although currently living in North Devon, UK. I have recently been caring for a friend in Suffolk after her hip replacement. This has led to whiling my spare time away installing a 6’x4’x1.2’ (420 litres) preformed wildlife pond.
It’s a first for me and there are maybe things I would do differently if I was starting over. Learn as you go I guess!!
Picture is 3 weeks in. image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome!!! Closer photos? :)
HEY!!!! That's @Mmathis 's job, don'tcha know???? Kidding ya; I'm sure she'll take on an apprentice since I've proven to be such a disappointment in that area!

Careful; like GPF, she don't pay much...

WELCOME @Telsown !! Beware the acronyms and subchapters here--they can be deadly!

:p:p:p:p:p:cool:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! What a nice way to pass the time! Hope your friend is doing well!

@brokensword Gee, I slept late this morning and haven’t had my coffee yet (both lies of course)!;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! What a nice way to pass the time! Hope your friend is doing well!

@brokensword Gee, I slept late this morning and haven’t had my coffee yet (both lies of course)!;)
I TOLD addy the coffee maker wasn't working right, I now have confirmation! We should do a mostly peaceful protest and walk out until our demands are met, I mean, what are we supposed to...wait; I ain't getting paid enough for this gig as it is; are you? Maybe we should sneak in a petition that we'll put up with sub-standard coffee at sub-standard hours if she'll get YOU an emoji that says 'pics, please!' and me off CW's zoom list...I'm tellin' ya; working conditions here at GPF have surely taken a nosedive...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
welcome any fish or filter and what plants do you have .
No fish or filter! Will let nature do its thing.
Native plants include: Butomus Umbellatus, Lythrum Salicaria, Myosotis Scorpioides, Myriophyllum Spicatum, Ranunculus Flammula,
Carex Acutiformis, Rorippa Nasturtium-Aquaticum, Caltha Palustris, Ceratophyllum Demersum.
There is the addition of a Pond water lily: Nymphaea Marliacea Albida.
All plants have been removed from soil then re-planted bare root into river stones. This I understand cuts down on protein, which in turn helps keep algae to a minimum. (Building Natural Ponds), Robert Pavlis.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Dimelius
Hope this is close enough.
Not sure you can see too much more but its all I have at the moment.
Although, just out of view, behind the Heron, you will see my latest addition (in white paint kettle), Darmera Peltata. A poor mans version of a Gunnera (smaller)! I am considering a ’bog container’ ?!

Attachments

• EDCB5D87-DAD7-499A-AB82-440F00A8EB75.jpeg
    EDCB5D87-DAD7-499A-AB82-440F00A8EB75.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 30

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You made a nice pond for the critters!

I made a little wildlife pond this Summer and I didn't have any kind of water movement in there. I decided it needed some and had found a small pump/fountain thingy someone was giving away on my walk so I grabbed it. Think it helps w/a bit of circulation for mine.

You can see it bubbling up in the front center among all the leaves in there from trees due to a recent storm we had here.

IMG_9777.JPG

Another shot of the pond before the messy storm. I did get some frog visitors this Summer and I'm sure the birds love it too.

IMG_9738.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
@Dimelius
Hope this is close enough.
Not sure you can see too much more but its all I have at the moment.
Although, just out of view, behind the Heron, you will see my latest addition (in white paint kettle), Darmera Peltata. A poor mans version of a Gunnera (smaller)! I am considering a ’bog container’ ?!
Rally Nicea, just wait this spring that all will bloom

Ask a Question