introduction

Reaction score
Hi
just afew words to introduce my self.I live in the north of France and created my pond last september ( 4m x 3m ) ,introdusing a few plants before the winter, the water has remained realy clear so far,Ihope to introduce fish in the coming few weeks. I have just one question,the pond was filled with rain water collected from the roof, a friend told me this could be poisenous to fish as I have ZINK guttering, what are your thoughts on this.
Bob

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Bienvenue à Garden Pond Forums! :wave:

I'm not too sure about your zinc query, but you could always test the water to see whether the levels are too high.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcomewagon-15.gif
Glad you joined!

I use roof water, but have vinyl gutters, metal roof some asphalt, so far the fish are doing fine. Zinc is good for people to fight colds, but low doses, no clue on ponds or how much leaches from a zinc gutter.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome bob and not sure on that either but you could always put a rain barrel under the downspout and filter the water just in case

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum & have no experience with pond/water garden... I just finished converting my 18,000 gallon swimming pool into a 7,000 gallon pond all by myself. I filled the pond with rain water from my roof gutter, the water fall started flowing last Sunday & I'm now ready to introduce fish & plants to the pond. Glad to have a chance to learn from you all :)

Ask a Question