Mexican supermarkets rock.

Reaction score
All of the staples that you use in everyday life are packaged together...

cancun2005_zpsc6625b60.jpg

Reaction score
Mix morgan with a real fruit punch juice ... tastes like canteloupe with some kick LOL ... cant drink coke, gross LOL ...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't see any 7-Up there Bullfrog..........isn't that your old standby for your Bourbon?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well then guess you are all set to go then! I quit drinking pop and just drink mostly water and some juices diluted w/ water. Pop never quenched my thirst but I hear it makes a pretty good cleaner for rust and supposed to get rid of the scent of skunk just so ya know :rolleyes:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yum, I like rum! But once you get used to "diet" drinks, the real thing just doesn't taste right anymore ....... too sweet, or something.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
but diet drinks are so bad for you... some cause bigger blood sugar spikes than sugar..some trigger fat storing hormones, many are carcinogenetic... theres absolutely nothing healthy or "diet" about most things labeled diet. just another lie to increase profits.
heres some food for thought...
575905_10201106889938334_2105020673_n.jpg
this doesnt cover it all.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We drink no sodas, now just fruit juice, bubbly water, green tea. Converted honey, I have never drank a lot of sodas our parents did not allow it.

Reaction score
If most parents had been like yours, we would not be seeing some of the obesity issues we do today. Some folks are "designed" to be heavy, thin, or somewhere in between, but I swear in the last 10-15 year, the KIDS have gone from an average chubby at certain ages to down right nasty fat. Not all of these kids have thyroid issues. We'll go into a fast food resturant once and awhile, and 99% of these obsese kids are sitting there with soda, these huge burgers and sugary deserts ... then you see a more "trim" family, and interestingly enough, the kids are drinking MILK and have apple wedges with their small burgers ... Some want to blame the fast food industry, but when they DO offer some healthier choices, for the same money, I BLAME THE PARENTS.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm done w/ the diet and the regular stuff. I haven't drank the regular in forever but the diet I just quit and all it did would make me want to drink more all night long. Never ever quenched my thirst. Nothing like a nice cold drink of fresh delicious well water from Washington :blueflower:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
as far as childhood obesity... its not just the diet, its the almost total lack of movement....
We were active as kids... we didnt have all this technology to glue us to a chair... T.V, computer,video games,... we had the one big thing that could keep us entertained, our imaginations.plus a few toys and enjoyed the world on the other side of our front door. we stayed active. we were willing to walk to get somewhere. kids now want a ride "just down the street". as a kid my daugter would say i'm lazy for not driving her to a house you could see from ours.
had we grown up today...who knows? just sayin'!
*** grounding a kid to their room now is a vacation for them, cuz theyve got all the entertainment theyd ever want.. you gotta ground them from their room!!

Reaction score
I laugh when the facebook images go around about having to be home when the street lights came on, or close enough to home to hear your parents yelling dinner was ready ... that was the truth! as for the video games, I had PONG and ATARI, but only played them on rainy days IF it was too wet to stay outside. I never wanted to be IN the house ...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Every day when I go for my walks I hardly ever see any kids out playing. It is a shame and we live in the country. My parents had to practically drag me into the house at night. We were always building camps and roads in the dirt for our toy cars, horse farms and digging tunnels we could crawl into. Rode our bikes everywhere and built things out of scrap wood. Hide and seek was my favorite and lots of kids just don't know what they are missing nowadays.........it's a shame! Might as well be just a bunch of heads w/o any bodies and just sit them in front of the electronic gadgets and stare from birth till death.

Ask a Question