Motorcycles

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I used to commute to work by motorcycle from Staten Island, NY to Manhattan. Did it for 18 years in all kinds of weather too. The only thing that stopped me was snow. I did get caught in some flurries a few times. I did glide over a few ice patches. Never fell. I wore a snowmobile suit in the Winter. Rain didn't stop me either. I was crazy! I'd rather be on my bike than on some bus or subway all jammed with contagious people.

Then I moved to Pennsylvania and rode strictly on the weekends. Eventually didn't ride much, sold the bike and went on to the next hobby. Refurbished a '69 Mustang, sold that for a nice profit and now we have a boat. There's a nice big lake near us. We chill out during the week when there's not many people around.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm only allowed to ride this bike.... can't get far though :(

1595236496006.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
Back when I was younger and not married I rode all the time. From the age of 13 it was a moped, then graduated to Honda 250 at 16 and then at 17 went to Yamaha FJ1100. Rode that for 3-4yrs and loved it but what killed the thrill at least for my wife was a person hit us from behind at a red light propelling us into the intersection. Luckily we were not hurt and I was able to keep the bike upright. Entertained a Harley V-rod a number of years ago but instead went with what I really wanted and built a Cobra replica.

BBB96DB1-55BD-43F7-BC84-4D0EFBBFB076.jpeg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have two Harley bikes in the garage. My other husband rode, I rode with him one time, scared the heck out of me, never again.
This hubby rode, until ms paranoid, I used to work in a trauma hospital, wife came along. I just told him I preferred he did not ride, so he has not. We need to sale them.
The one I hauled across country has around 30k in it, ported polished hp added to engine, chrome etc etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patinmb

Latest Threads