My first pond design

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Jmh474 - personal question that you don't have to answer if you don't want to... but how old are you? I only ask because of your comment about hoping you can build bigger if you're "allowed". That makes me wonder if you're a young person - which is perfectly OK. We just go a bit easier on the kids here! haha!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Lisak1, post: 456748, member:
I only ask because of your comment about hoping you can build bigger if you're "allowed".
[/QUOTE]
I took it as the twin peaks had final say in the matter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It could also be a land lord/ hoa/ city ordinance thing. Any which way it goes, welcome. Just remember , quarantine your fish and plants prior to adding them to the pond, and add fish slowly, just a few at a time, giving the water time to cycle to build up a good bacteria colony to accommodate the waste. And expect babies at some point.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Jmh474 - personal question that you don't have to answer if you don't want to... but how old are you? I only ask because of your comment about hoping you can build bigger if you're "allowed". That makes me wonder if you're a young person - which is perfectly OK. We just go a bit easier on the kids here! haha!

No that's perfectly ok I'm 37, the reason I say this is because we all know woman are the boss but it's also safe for my youngest as he's high on the autism spectrum so we also plan on building a picket fence to close off the area, the garden is sort of split in to side for the adults and the other for kids

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
No that's perfectly ok I'm 37, the reason I say this is because we all know woman are the boss but it's also safe for my youngest as he's high on the autism spectrum so we also plan on building a picket fence to close off the area, the garden is sort of split in to side for the adults and the other for kids

Gotcha! As a female, I full support that message!

And what an awesome idea for your kids - all kids love ponds! My 6 year old grandson spends hours trying to catch the frogs in our pond. He studies them and learns their habits, tries to determine which are males and females, what kind of frogs they are, and figures out which one's stake out which parts of the pond. He's our frog expert!

So much better than learning the tricks to winning the latest video game!

Ask a Question