sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know when I lived near town in my first house it was the greatest to be able to walk places to shop and eat ,so I can imagine your enjoyment of your new place .Having rental property is never a bad thing if you get good people .Will it be business or private .I would love to do that again one day but in a nice small town with lots of front porch's .One thing it took getting used to here is every one waves to every one .In NJ it was a one finger wave most times .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I didn't downsize house is 2440 sq. ft. in house or land and attic is unfinished and so is basement .Attic stairs are closed off and basement is plumbed in for 2 baths and a kitchen and laundry room .I figured do it for future sale when house was done .The house is OK to handle but the land isn't .They don't count any unfinished space here but basement rough in helps sale price .Since I paid less than a hundred thousand I should get it back and more .Pond of course will have to be removed it is not an asset .Here people want land with there house and guessing my view won't hurt it either .They are now in the process of putting up 4 major businesses on 10 thousand acres on Berry Hill Road and that is not far from me ,so that will help values .I will wait it out and see what happens .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here is a picture from Friday of the third floor ceiling joists. They are set and already to be fastened down. Hmmm. I should have probably gone down to the Cubs parade that day, but I was too busy doing other things. Go Cubs Go!
20161104_112429.jpg
I was chanting that song in my sleep for a few days!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put sound proofing in all my interior walls and it was worth every penny extra .The roxul sound proofing is great .You should try it as it is amazing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nothing too exciting with my pond. One week it's almost covered in snow then it melts a little, the next week it's almost covered all in ice then it melts a little etc. I have kept two pumps running all winter so far. Just came back from a trip. I'll post some pictures. Any guesses where it was? I'm not posting the most obvious picture that will give it away.
20161225_160511.jpg
20161226_122038.jpg
20161226_130150.jpg
20161227_091717_001.jpg
20161227_122841.jpg
20161227_123433.jpg
20161227_163943.jpg
20161228_115823.jpg

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Nothing too exciting with my pond. One week it's almost covered in snow then it melts a little, the next week it's almost covered all in ice then it melts a little etc. I have kept two pumps running all winter so far. Just came back from a trip. I'll post some pictures. Any guesses where it was? I'm not posting the most obvious picture that will give it away.View attachment 96768 View attachment 96769 View attachment 96770 View attachment 96771 View attachment 96772 View attachment 96773 View attachment 96774 View attachment 96775

Let me take a wild guess.....China?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Haha. Definitely not Chicago! Not China either, but I would guess there are some areas in northern China that might look like that. Becky was right. Machu Picchu, Peru and the ancient Inca villages nearby. It's definitely a great trip if your don't mind walking and hiking at high altitudes! The hotel we stayed at in Sacred Valley had hundreds of Koi and goldfish in their ponds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing, I'd love to go see Machu Picchu :) Got a friend who went a few years back and it just sounds (and looks) like an incredible experience. Unfortunately I have a dodgy back and asthma so I don't think I'd be up to the hike!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes. Mitch you were right, but I liked Becky's answer better! Becky if you had thought of going there probably there are ways of doing it. Cusco is the city you fly into from Lima. It is the highest altitude of the cities there at just over 11000 ft but Machu Picchu and other Inca sites are lower at about 8000 ft. We arrived in Cusco and as soon as I got off the plane felt very light headed but once we got to Sacred Valley where our first hotel was we all felt a lot better because of the lower altitude. The Cusco airport actually has a bowl of coca leaves to chew on to make you feel better. There is excellent transportation there including a train named after the "discoverer". Hiram Bingham III. It's a really interesting story about how he found Machu Picchu in 1911 and there are several good books about it. He was a lecturer from Yale that married into the Tiffany family and put quite a bit of effort into finding the last great secret Inca ruins that even the Spanish couldnt find. It was in the age of great explorers and new places were being discovered all over the world at that time. We made a possibly bad decision to try to hike up the 1400 meters to Machu Picchu and not take the bus. Half way up my wife couldn't climb one more step and we hitched a ride with a bus. Our daughter made it up by herself. She later hiked rainbow mountain at 14000 ft. They do sell altitude sickness pills everywhere and even small bottles of pure oxygen for those who need it. It was a really interesting trip. They say 5,000,000 people a year go to Machu Picchu but they have a very strict limit of 2500 per day so it's constantly busy.

Last edited:

Ask a Question