My heated birdbath

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I just threw together a heated birdbath and put in in the dry stream bed. Amazing how many birds already are going to it. They sure do use that stream. I posted a picture of the open hole in the ice that the larger birds use also from the aerator. The rocks around the edge area close to the top of the bird bath. I put a couple in it also so they can stand on the rocks also.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice Rob! I keep the small pump going in the big pond so the birds have a place to drink, also saw the deer drinking out of the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's very nice of you to do that, I'm sure the birds appreciate it!
My waterfalls are still running so most birds go there for water, but we're thinking of building a pond less mini stream to encourage the smaller species that are too intimidated by the waterfalls and deep water in the ponds. Also this passed year I realized how much the birds enjoy sand bath, watching them roll in the sand where the old pool once was, so I'm going to integrate a sand patch in my courtyard landscape design, just for that.

Ask a Question