Yea! Birdbath Turned Out Nice -- Now, Waiting To See If Birds Will Use It

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Most of my DIY schemes don't turn out as expected. They either look terrible, don't work, or I can't figure out the physics behind what my brain visualizes.

Since starting the pond, I have been disappointed that the birds weren't frequenting any areas of the pond (not even the shallow "turtle bogs"), so I decided that I wanted a birdbath "attached" to the pond. My idea was to split water flow from the spitter pump. Well, finished it yesterday, and I am very pleased with how it turned out! Only time will tell if the birds use it, but hoping that once the plants all get bigger, that they will offer the security the birds need. FYI, the plants above are fake.

Before, during, and after: image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
cute, give them time, they will use it. They like moving water, the birds here are always in the bog. I keep areas empty of plants with shallow water moving just for them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That looks really nice TM! Bet the birds will love it! Take pics if you can catch them visiting it

Ask a Question