New pond. What Size pipe for jets

Reaction score
Country
United States
going to be adding some jets to my new pond but wondered what size pipe i can get away with when running to them. im using 1 1/4 for other pump connections but wondered if 3/4 would be ok to run to jets. ?

thank you

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My spitters in my waterfal pond . Just pvc pipe with holes drilled in it and pices from all my pumps I have bought screwed into them to make the spitters . I have them on the bottom of my pond also to keep the bottom water moving and have had no algae in years and no collection of gunk build up on the bottom of my pond . Hard to explain what I did . Made it up one day as I was looking at pvc pipe i had . I also drilled holes in one pvc pipe and connected a splitter to my pump since pump was to strong for the filter

Attachments

• DSC05148.JPG
    DSC05148.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 21
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That question needs more guts to it what size pump, pond , fish load and also the shape of the pond , and how many jets are you thinking. 2" IS A STANDARD but if you have a large pond and more then two heads come off the feeder pipe than a 3" might be needed. there are also venturi heads and directional and bilateral

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for the welcome and the replies. been busy building of course. pond is about 1000 gallons, dual 500 gallon sides with connecting valley. both sides have bottom drains and a jet.. its about halfway up the wall so i can add a pipe above and below to keep the water moving at the bottom and top. i ended up using 3/4 inch as i had plenty laying around.

Ask a Question