j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So pretty and love the assortment of birds serenading in the background. What a paradise for you and all the critters to enjoy!

What do the baby ducks find to eat there in your pond? So cute watching them go off your waterfall and into the pond :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What do the baby ducks find to eat there in your pond?
Thank you, they eat bugs like crazy. One of my post has one of the bugs in front of the duck. They also nibble on some of the plants, nothing crazy. I also feed cracked corn and add another food for young ducks mixed in. I am sure they ate a few of the frog eggs I have. Now they are tiny tadpoles but there are still a lot of them. They go up and down the stream finding goodies in there too.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Mom doesn't mind your presence around the pond? They seem so relaxed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Mom doesn't mind your presence around the pond? They seem so relaxed.
Not at all. They will sleep 2-3ft from me. I sit in the chair near the pond and they will all swim near me, it is fun. I do move slow and stay quite not to get them to nervous. A couple adults that visit fly away as soon as they see me, but one male eats corn while I rinse out my filter which is a couple feet away from the corn. I have one video where one of the females ate out of my hand one year. They do not mind the dogs at all either, our dogs do not care they are there at all but squirrels that is a different story :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Wonderful video and sound. I tried counting the ducklings...are there 7 or 8? I liked watching them sip water , the Daddy duck watching the fish, the Mama and babes, plopping down the water fall. The variety of birds you have is lovely....what a tranquil setting.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wonderful video and sound. I tried counting the ducklings...are there 7 or 8? I liked watching them sip water , the Daddy duck watching the fish, the Mama and babes, plopping down the water fall. The variety of birds you have is lovely....what a tranquil setting.

Ask a Question