Padding

Reaction score
I was thinking about using roofing tar paper as padding. Then, I was thinking about going a step further and put down some shingles first, rough side towards the dirt, then the the tar paper. I would only put the shingles around the bowl and on the bottom. The tar paper would go over that, but from lip to lip.

What do ya'll think ?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
i dont see a problem with it......what kind of linner do you have ? redwinger

Reaction score
DrCase said:
i dont see a problem with it......what kind of linner do you have ? redwinger

I have a 45 mil Firestone EPDM, 15' x 15'.

Using tar paper and shingles helps me get rid of soem stuff I had leftover from doing my roof 2 months ago.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I installed a liner in my new lower pond and used an old rug (runner) to line the sides. I had to bust out concrete from an old pond and to protect the new liner I used the runner. On the bottom, I used sand.

I will have pictures when I finally get time to process the photos and publish them on my web site.

This vacation has been 10-12 hour days on the new pond and over a 1000 fry to maintain.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
redwinger... just remember to keep the top rim up ,,,a few inches, above flood stage,,,to hide the linner , i would make a 2 stage eadge,,,one level rim around it with mortar,,,,8 to 10 inches wide,,,than step up 2 more inches ,for the top rim....than you can put rocks on that lower level,,,,and stack the next row on top.....hope we get all your rain

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest Threads