Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
how much do i put in
The bottle will have instructions that tell you how much de-chlorinator to use. Different products will have different strengths, so you have to go by whatever it says on the bottle you get.

ph =9.5 i know its high amonia=0,nitrate=5,nitrite0-1how do i test kh gh how do i test my source water its from my house tap live in the uk england birmingham just plants fish died
You test your tap water the same way you test your pond water -- "source" water is your tap water.

How big is your pond?

Reaction score
h
What is the problem? What do y ou think the "right" ph is? What is your ph now. What kind of fish do you have? Carp can handle a wide range of ph. The most important thing is the there are no large PH swings, as this can be hard on the fish. Your ph could be 6.4 or 8.8 or anything in between and that could all be fine.
ow do i stop the swings

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
2 metres x 1.5 wide 700mil deep
Thank you!

Did you mean 700 mm deep? So your pond is around 450 gallons....

Do you have a filter?

How old is your pond? IOW, when was it first filled with water and fish added?
How many fish did you have? Total....
How big were they -- koi or goldfish?
How soon after you put them in the water did they die?

What is your pH reading from your tap water? When do these "swings" happen? I'm getting confused by your posts..... Can you post each (pond) pH reading along with the day you took it so we can see them in order? That would be a big help!

If it's a chlorine problem, and If you don't have de-chlorinator, you need to fill the pond then wait a couple of days before adding fish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
ph =9.5 i know its high amonia=0,nitrate=5,nitrite0-1how do i test kh gh how do i test my source water its from my house tap live in the uk england birmingham just plants fish died
Ph that high if it isnt sorted out will kill your fish it needs to go down to between 7.0- 8.5 did you use a dechlorinator Terry ?
May I also ask what weather you've been having up the line from us its been bad enough in plymouth rain may be having some effect on your readings buy an API pond test kit ditch the strips as they are wildly inaccurate also if your taking electronic readings did you callibrate before testing your water other wise your reading will be out .
Everyone is talking the importance of a dechlorinator go to this website and buy one of these it will remove chlorine from many thousands of gallons before you need change the filters in it .
All you do it put it on the end of your hose pipe and slowly pass water through it :-

http://www.vyair.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=68

It seems to me Terry that you are trying to run before you can walk invest in a fish health book it will tell you all you need to know and they are dirt cheap on amazon.
In it it will explain about the nitrate cycle your ph level and everything else , our first ever book turned the hobby around for us and 27 years later we are still going strong

Dave

Attachments

• 51HPP053WQL__SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU02_AA160_.jpg
    51HPP053WQL__SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU02_AA160_.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Reaction score
i use nutrafin test kit where will i put the vyair filter will be ok with my cup-359 all-in one see really new to this thanks for helping ,weather been warm but occasional heavy showers

Reaction score
i use nutrafin test kit where will i put the vyair filter will be ok with my cup-359 all-in one see really new to this thanks for helping ,weather been warm but occasional heavy showers
dave i put in king british dechlorinater liquid in 100ml
Terry dechlorinate the water and see how they do. The fish were at the top gasping for air because they were breathing in poison water.
i cant see how they do there dead lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
dave i put in king british dechlorinater liquid in 100ml

i cant see how they do there dead lol
The dechlorinator unit would go at the end of your garden hose Terry just proir to the water going into the pond using one is far cheaper in the long run than using dechlorination fluids because it removes it as the water passes through it ,
Ok lets start again Terry for now buy only one or two fish only until your pond is cycled in the mean time buy that book and read it especially the bit about cycling a pond .once you hav cycled you can then start to add other fish but not before .

Dave

Reaction score
The dechlorinator unit would go at the end of your garden hose Terry just proir to the water going into the pond using one is far cheaper in the long run than using dechlorination fluids because it removes it as the water passes through it ,
Ok lets start again Terry for now buy only one or two fish only until your pond is cycled in the mean time buy that book and read it especially the bit about cycling a pond .once you hav cycled you can then start to add other fish but not before .
im going toleave it for 4 weeks it been running 4 2 uptil now.just cant understand why my ph will not go down even if i put ph down in will deffo get one of those units and a book yhanks stay intouch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthej64

Latest Threads