ph

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
would it pay if i just left it to cycle on it own without fish if so how long for thanx
It won't cycle without fish (unless you do a fishless cycle where you add ammonia....). It needs the ammonia that the fish produce in order for the beneficial bacteria to grow.

Reaction score
Fish should never die while it is cycling. You do water changes to keep the levels of ammonia and nitrite acceptable. I also proved in another thread, with links, that you should nit let ammonia levels get to high because it will actually slow down the cycle. Strangely, the person I was debating with did not respond after I offered overwhelming proof.

Reaction score
Hi Terry , sorry your having troubles with your pond.

Just a quick question,

When you put the four fish in, how did you introduce them to your pond? Did you just pour them in or slowly acclimate them. You never mentioned it, so I wanted to rule that out.

Steve

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Fish should never die while it is cycling. You do water changes to keep the levels of ammonia and nitrite acceptable. I also proved in another thread, with links, that you should nit let ammonia levels get to high because it will actually slow down the cycle. Strangely, the person I was debating with did not respond after I offered overwhelming proof.
LOL hey you should see the size f the orfe that was our acrificial fish before we shipped it off to a lake the other day according to Mark the Aquatc store manager of the store our society's friend Chris owns it was the largest Orfe he has ever come across , says alot for koi food doesnt it Dieselplower :LOL:
At least its got a huge lake to swim arond in for the rest of its days probably thinks its a koi though :happy:

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthej64

Latest Threads