j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I moved mine recently from Photo Bucket to my hard drive when they started sending me emails that I could no longer put photo's on forum w/o paying. You can still save your photo's there and take them off and put them on your hard drive little by little whenever you want if you have lots like I do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
If your puter crashes spectacularly and you haven't had the foresight to back your pics up, all could be lost.....forever......not so with the good old photos, so they do have their place!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
not so with the good old photos, so they do have their place!

True... unless you ever had a house fire or a big flood that destroyed all your family photos. Or you were like my father-in-law who was a big fan of Polaroid - those slowly faded into blank squares... much like PhotoBucket. haha! The 80s are all gone.

My photos are backed up six ways 'til Sunday. The computer is backed up to cloud storage, the photos are backed u on an external hard drive which is also backed up to a cloud storage service and my photos are all on iCloud. If you ask my favorite tech person "how many ways should I be backing up my computer" the answer will be "one more than you are now".

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You can still store all your photo's on Photobucket. Well up to their free limit anyways. You just can't put them on a 2nd party sites like a forum but when you want one all you have to do is do a save as to the photo and put it on your desktop and copy it to your forum. That way you have another place to keep your photo's , actually I only use it to store my animation gifs. My photo's are backed up on external hard drives and my computer and a few other cloud places so I am covered to the nth degree :snaphappy:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There are a few garden bloggers I read who are pretty bummed out about this - all their photos disappeared from their blogs and it happened sooner than Photobucket said it would, so they didn't have time to make the necessary changes. Not to mention the work involved in relocating hundreds or thousands of photos and then reloading them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wish people would remember when a sale was a sale not a card kept track of what brand of toilet paper you use or how many oranges you eat. when stores use to have to cater to the consumer not the consumer having to bend to the retailer. we sold our power to them for what a gold coin worth a buck maybe two. pretty cheap price to sell your personal info. People of late have always said who cares if they have my personal info well of late I think more and more are seeing the more those we don't call friends of family knowing too much about us is definitely not a good thing. I hope photo bucket has sliced there own throat in the way that other sites have done in the past and are now history if they had charged 50 bucks people may have not been outraged but 300 for what was free yesterday good luck.

Ask a Question