Photo bucket

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ronfire, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Ronfire

Ronfire

How do I see the post photos with photo bucket without joining and paying a monthly fee?

Ronfire, Aug 25, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Ronfire

IPA

63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
    I think that you can't see them because the photos has been deleted or moved. If they are linked correctly they will be displayed in the post.

IPA, Aug 25, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Ronfire

sissy sissy

Do yourself a favor and get a hard drive to save your pics .It is less of a headache .Even zips would be better

sissy, Aug 25, 2017
  4. Ronfire

DutchMuch Lord Of The Aquascapes!

Anyone still use photo albums?
    like ones you can touch... remember those? lol!!!

DutchMuch, Aug 25, 2017
  5. Ronfire

sissy sissy

I have lots f them and both my sons each have 4 photo albums of them growing up and they were both given them .I still have about 15 of them .

sissy, Aug 25, 2017
    DutchMuch likes this.
  6. Ronfire

JBtheExplorer Native Gardener

Photobucket recently changed and it no longer allows people to post photos to other sites without paying. I've used photobucket for a long time, so I was sad to see them do this. Most members here know I used to have a signature with photo links to my showcases. They had to be removed when Photobucket changed. I have ceased use of their site because it's now useless to me. I find it odd that I can upload and share unlimited videos from youtube to any site for free, but photobucket doesn't allow the same for images.

JBtheExplorer, Aug 25, 2017
    Tula likes this.
  7. Ronfire

Angel

imgur.com may work for your needs. but now adays external larg hard drives are cheap 1tb for under 70$

Angel, Aug 25, 2017
  8. Ronfire

IPA

63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
    I use flickr. :rolleyes. but it is free.

IPA, Aug 25, 2017
  9. Ronfire

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

I refuse to pay photo bucket to be able to post photos. I have a lot on the site had been using it for years.

addy1, Aug 25, 2017
    Tula, Gemma and JBtheExplorer like this.
  10. Ronfire

Me too. Before Photobucket, I used ImageShack for years, but they made a similar change years ago that forced me to leave and join Photobucket. I don't know if ImageShack has changed anything since I left, so maybe I'll check it out in the future.

Gemma likes this.
  11. Ronfire

Gemma

I had albums on photobucket, no way I pay all that money to post pics! The Internet is full of blank squares thanks to pb new TOS

Gemma, Aug 25, 2017
  12. Ronfire

sissy sissy

I use my own puter this way if I take a pic I can clean it up or enlarge it .It was a photoshop extra that was sold with the puter

sissy, Aug 25, 2017
    Gemma likes this.
  13. Ronfire

Gemma

That's what I do to post pics on here, but not all sites allows you to upload images straight from your hard drive

Gemma, Aug 25, 2017
  14. Ronfire

Gemma

I have 13 of them, just holding pics of my kids from before birth (pregnant belly) till the digital imaging took over....it's nice to be able to look at old photos! :)

Gemma, Aug 25, 2017
    DutchMuch likes this.
  15. Ronfire

I have them. Filled with photos from the 90s. Don't really use any for current stuff, but I do print out photos of important events. Just printed a couple of my solar eclipse photos.

DutchMuch likes this.
  16. Ronfire

j.w I Love my Goldies

I moved mine recently from Photo Bucket to my hard drive when they started sending me emails that I could no longer put photo's on forum w/o paying. You can still save your photo's there and take them off and put them on your hard drive little by little whenever you want if you have lots like I do.

j.w, Aug 26, 2017
  17. Ronfire

moby

If your puter crashes spectacularly and you haven't had the foresight to back your pics up, all could be lost.....forever......not so with the good old photos, so they do have their place!

moby, Aug 26, 2017
  18. Ronfire

Lisak1

True... unless you ever had a house fire or a big flood that destroyed all your family photos. Or you were like my father-in-law who was a big fan of Polaroid - those slowly faded into blank squares... much like PhotoBucket. haha! The 80s are all gone.

My photos are backed up six ways 'til Sunday. The computer is backed up to cloud storage, the photos are backed u on an external hard drive which is also backed up to a cloud storage service and my photos are all on iCloud. If you ask my favorite tech person "how many ways should I be backing up my computer" the answer will be "one more than you are now".

Lisak1, Aug 26, 2017
    moby likes this.
  19. Ronfire

j.w I Love my Goldies

You can still store all your photo's on Photobucket. Well up to their free limit anyways. You just can't put them on a 2nd party sites like a forum but when you want one all you have to do is do a save as to the photo and put it on your desktop and copy it to your forum. That way you have another place to keep your photo's , actually I only use it to store my animation gifs. My photo's are backed up on external hard drives and my computer and a few other cloud places so I am covered to the nth degree :snaphappy:

j.w, Aug 26, 2017
  20. Ronfire

Lisak1

There are a few garden bloggers I read who are pretty bummed out about this - all their photos disappeared from their blogs and it happened sooner than Photobucket said it would, so they didn't have time to make the necessary changes. Not to mention the work involved in relocating hundreds or thousands of photos and then reloading them.

Lisak1, Aug 26, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question