pleasantly surprised

Reaction score
so i take off for a few days (3) to Gatlinberg TN for some alone time with the wife while kid is at church
camp. (hate taking time off in the week but oh well)
anyway i get back to an absurdly sparkling clear pond ??? cant for the life of me understand why.
it wasnt bad, but now i can see every little thing all the way to the bottom. and found 4 fish in the middle pond i had thought made it to the bottom pond. (wanst feeding them oops)

while in GB we stayed at the Christmas inn they have a 80,000 gallon Koi pond, massive waterfalls lots of plants etc.
i talked to the lady who cares for it and scored a bunch of plants (iris, etc) to take home.. she was thinning out that day! woot!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well happy day for you JC.........you got a bunch of free plants and you can see the bottom of your pond and fishies too. That's algae for ya.............it comes and goes! Fish can go forever w/o feeding as they eat stuff that falls into the pond or feed on algae and plants. Didn't feed my goldfish for the first several yrs I had them. Now I feed them about 3 times a week just so they will learn I am their friend :razz:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
the fish ate all the pond bad stuff cause they were starving! j/k nice to hear you have clear pretty water.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The fish missed you and figure they would clean up there room while you were away as a surprise :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
WELCOME HOME DADDY AND MOMMY AND LOOK WHAT I DID ,Now did you buy me something special

Reaction score
you guys are too funny... :razz: and yes they got fed treats (fruit) i can also see how many snails have moved in.. guess i wont be needing to buy trap door snails after all !
i knew i had some but not that many

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest Threads