punt

SE18

David V
Reaction score
made a punt w/cardboard. caulked, resin, waterproof paint and it's solid like a rock; you'd never know it was cardstock. Works good on canal and aqueduct too. They are used in Europe, Florida, Louisiana, and used to be used on st croix river in maine. The larger ones are called scows sometimes. I'm working on a scow and a dory right now which will be made of wood. I got the wood to bend but it keeps trying to bend back so I need to do some more studying about wood.

Water feature has a real nice tea color due to falling leaves. It should help age the concrete nicely

Attachments

• DSC09380.jpg
    DSC09380.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC09479.jpg
    DSC09479.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC09485.jpg
    DSC09485.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 222

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is so neat! love how you can create things out of such simple stuff.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
love it and the star trek figure I'm guessing by the looks of him .What child lost his figure

SE18

David V
Reaction score
thanks; it's so hard finding figures that are affordable and dollhouse size (1:12). The treker came from 5 Below, a store in Virginia that sells things $5 or less. I tried my hand at sculpy baking but afraid my figures turned out dreadful. I will end up modifying ones like the star trek figure, e.g. putting cloth shirt on etc; the advantage with action figures vice baked clay is action moves, thus able to put his arm in place for the 16 foot punt pole. He's probably hunting for alligators, but only thing he'll catch will be pond snails or cold

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You could just paint your figure also .Clothing in the weather if not sprayed with some kind of water proofing will either mold or get wet and weigh the figure down .I guess in a high wind he could really take off in the pond ,it would be funny to see him floating around the pond .Would be great if you could find some small floating alligators

Ask a Question