Rare newfoundland koi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Cute pics. How do you keep her out of the pond? Or do you? :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I agree with RobAmy, can you get some pics of your neighbor's 20,000 pool converted to pond? I'd love to see how fish REALLY enjoy their surroundings.
And, I, too, am wondering about how you keep Piper out of your pond. Maybe she knows to stay out, but looks like you will have to net your QT if/when you ever need to use it. Did she try to jump in after you had water in there and the babies you netted? It's an adorable set of pics, BTW. Now I know what a Newfoundland koi looks like!!! ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
When Piper was a puppy, we couldn't get her to stop sitting on the water fall....I'll have to fins some pictures!! Mu husband has trained our dogs to stay out of the pond and pool...he's a miracle worker...especially as we have three newfoundlands!

I will ask my neighbor if I can take some pictures of his pond. He offered to help me build a skippy / bog type filer :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We had a Newfie for a neighbor (well, technically his people owned the house, but he was our favorite of the whole family!) and he LOVED to swim. We have three natural ponds in our neighborhood and they had to keep a very close eye on him to keep him from galloping down to the ponds for a dip. Countless times we would hear them yelling "Noooooooo!" as they followed after him down the street - he wasn't fast, but he was singleminded! And a wet Newfoundland is no small issue!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We had a Newfie for a neighbor (well, technically his people owned the house, but he was our favorite of the whole family!) and he LOVED to swim. We have three natural ponds in our neighborhood and they had to keep a very close eye on him to keep him from galloping down to the ponds for a dip. Countless times we would hear them yelling "Noooooooo!" as they followed after him down the street - he wasn't fast, but he was singleminded! And a wet Newfoundland is no small issue!
We had to buy a professional blower, to dry ours off....paid for itself in no time at all!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
This is Piper when she was about five months old and wouldn't stay off the waterfall!!

Attachments

• IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 249

Ask a Question