Rebuilding the stream after years of washout.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anybody have experience with building streams? My neighbors lot slants toward my yard and my stream runs along the lot line. After some 15 years or so, the bed of the stream has sunk and causing low areas with my liner. So, I have removed all rock and vegetation for the stream and pulled up the liner, what to do next. I have thought about repacking the dirt, using AC2 treated lumber as a rigid guide under the liner, or cementing the path with and running the liner over the top.

Any help is appreciated....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Pictures can help a lot for those of us who have to visualize things. Can you post some pics?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My stream runs down our slope, I did it with switch backs, (very steep slope) and just liner.

I would build up your edges so when you line it with liner it will hold the water. Make sure it is deep enough , Mine is around 10inches plus deep, could have been deeper. I have to fix the down slope edge in the spring the deer walk on it, push it down, move rocks and create edge leaks, never tearing the liner, just push it down.

Ask a Question