Small, Tropical Pond in Thailand

A small pond in a small garden in Thailand with a waterfall and a swamp with a mangrove tree.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Thailand
Yeah, I love working on it. It is relaxing. And it is beautiful to see how everything evolves and interacts with each other. But also how things can go wrong. Or the unexpected. Like 2 humming birds nesting in a leaf about 30cm from the ground while my cat, who actively hunts for birds on a daily basis, leaves these 2 and the eggs and the babies, alone. It does not make any sense, but it is still cool. And the humming birds came back 4 or 5 times to nest again and again. I can not explain it, I do not understand it and it does not make any sense what-so-ever, but it is oh so beautiful to see these things happening in front of you. So yes, I enjoy that.

Today I saw a lizard and made a picture for here. I see him every day. He's kinda used to us by now I think because he does not run away anymore. Today, ironically, after I took the picture, he walked toward me and passed me at less then 10cm. This is the smallest of 3 walking in our garden that I know of. They recently had some little ones as well. I will try to make a picture of the largest one, he is truly beautiful. I estimate this one from nose to tail about 20-25cm (8-10").

20220924_142718.jpg

I have a question though. I notice in the Showcase that every picture is added full size. Much like the picture above. That, and the fact that I can not seem to stop talking, are making it a rather long story. Is it possible to upload pictures in a thumbnail format or something like that? Am I going the wrong way about it? Please let me know if I can and/or should do this differently.20220924_142718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
What a marvelous pond! I especially love those huge rocks that form the "mountains" against the wall. It's like a Song-era ink painting - just beautiful!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is it possible to upload pictures in a thumbnail format
I just inserted the picture as a thumbnail. When you click insert pick the thumbnail option. Unless you are working on a tab or phone that won't let you. I did this via a lappy.

opps I did it in discussion not overview. I will ask @Ian

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Yeah, I love working on it. It is relaxing. And it is beautiful to see how everything evolves and interacts with each other. But also how things can go wrong. Or the unexpected. Like 2 humming birds nesting in a leaf about 30cm from the ground while my cat, who actively hunts for birds on a daily basis, leaves these 2 and the eggs and the babies, alone. It does not make any sense, but it is still cool. And the humming birds came back 4 or 5 times to nest again and again. I can not explain it, I do not understand it and it does not make any sense what-so-ever, but it is oh so beautiful to see these things happening in front of you. So yes, I enjoy that.

Today I saw a lizard and made a picture for here. I see him every day. He's kinda used to us by now I think because he does not run away anymore. Today, ironically, after I took the picture, he walked toward me and passed me at less then 10cm. This is the smallest of 3 walking in our garden that I know of. They recently had some little ones as well. I will try to make a picture of the largest one, he is truly beautiful. I estimate this one from nose to tail about 20-25cm (8-10").

View attachment 154270

I have a question though. I notice in the Showcase that every picture is added full size. Much like the picture above. That, and the fact that I can not seem to stop talking, are making it a rather long story. Is it possible to upload pictures in a thumbnail format or something like that? Am I going the wrong way about it? Please let me know if I can and/or should do this differently.View attachment 154270
Great photos! I love the shape of the pond...it really compliments the surrounding environment. The Lizard is really cool...I am in Florida and have many different kinds but nothing like this! My favorites are the Curly Tailed Lizards here...

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Very pretty pond. I love how creative your pond build is. Thanks for documenting it all here.

Ask a Question