The exitement starts building from today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Well this is it , the run up to the show, this time next week the judge will be doing his;her rounds of the show Vats whilst we take in the resteraunt for a meal .
But before that we have things to do bit's and pieces to find test each bag for leaks the put one inside the other.
Check and recheck the fish for any blemish damaged scale or split fin , from Tuesday they are fasting until Sunday night next week:(
Equipment has to be located checked and cleaned ready for the day plus a list has to be complied so nothing is forgotten on the morning .
The two friends that are helping us need to be phoned and briefe as to what time to arrive on the morning .
Posters need posting (I've already put three out and one of te helpers another and thats just our patch :LOL: the rest of the club will all be doing the same in their areas .
There are one or two more tombola prizes to be bought on Tuesday and passed over to Sandra one of our riends and committee member.
All in all we are getting exited as are the other members who are showing thats twelve in all including us .
On a sad note this is probably going to be Val and my last show as exibitor's after 23 years of showing its just too much for both Val and my respective disabilities

Dave

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow, sounds exciting! Good luck! Even though I don't have any "show quality" fish [goldfish], I'd still like to enter a show some day, just to see what the judges look for -- it's one thing to READ about it, but it's another thing to have someone tell you and point things out.

Larkin [fishin4cars] will be sponsoring a show again next year that's close enough for me to attend -- just gotta work on getting a couple of fish [but mostly myself] ready, LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, sounds exciting! Good luck! Even though I don't have any "show quality" fish [goldfish], I'd still like to enter a show some day, just to see what the judges look for -- it's one thing to READ about it, but it's another thing to have someone tell you and point things out.

Larkin [fishin4cars] will be sponsoring a show again next year that's close enough for me to attend -- just gotta work on getting a couple of fish [but mostly myself] ready, LOL!

Maggie we wish you all the success at your first ever fish show and will be looking forwards to hearing how you did , I cant remember but did I send you the Federation of British Aquatic society goldfish standard'sfor shows some time ago or was that Maria, if not please give me a shout and I'll send it to you you can learn all the points a judge will look at

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question