The Song Remains The Same

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
After finishing up work discussed in my Retaining Wall post the neighbor is now concerned about a patch of damp soil on OUR side of retaining wall. No actual standing or seeping water found. Pond level is stable. Sprinkler system zones seem to be stable.

Action plan - Will investigate unchanged "left" rear pond corner and undergound sprinkler system pipe running underground along the wall.

As I said, the song remains the same. On the bright side wifey bought me a new pair of t-shoes Saturday.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
After talking to a sprinkler repair man I discovered to completely remove water pressure from the sprinkler system I had to turn off the sprinker control valves accepting water from city. With this done, if the damp soil area dries up then we know there is a leak in the sprinkler parameter pipe. I also have the master digital control center turned off.

Time to wait and see! :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I chased a leak, long distance i.e. rental in arizona. Kept telling the renters to hire someone to figure it out. Finally was able to talk them through the find and the fix over the phone, darn water bill hit over 700 one month. 1 inch buried pvc, wide open flow into our water retention pit we put around the shop.

Good luck with your wet area.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My fence having what he calls mildew but is actually nectar stains from his close by oak tree. That happened yesterday. We were having a friendly conversation when he suddenly mentioned my fence was diirty. I was not shy in telling him it was his tree causing it to stain. If he wants it washed he's more than welcome to have at it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If your fence is wood you can spray it down with bleach and water as long as it is not stained .I use it on my vinyl sideing and gutters .Some times people who want to blame other people should look inside themselves for why .He must have a lot of short comings at home and figures since he can't get his way there he can cause problems for others .He needs some serious soul searching .Blame the world and it makes him feel better . :razz:

Ask a Question