Unidentified 'eggs' in fountain?

Reaction score
Hi there,
I was hoping someone could help me. I have a small pond; about 1x2 metres, with some small goldfish and Shebunkins and pond weed, water celery, water lettuce, water Hyacinth etc. I only have a small pump and fountain which is big enough for the small pond which gets cleaned once a week. Lately however something kleeps clogging the fountain-head holes, and on further inspection inside it there are egg-type formations, about 2mm long that look to be conical with an open end. When I cleaned it today there was something emerging from one, tiny though so was no point in trying to get a picture. I think it had two big eyes at the front, like a fly, and it's tail curled upwards.
Just wondered if anyone can tell what this is from my description? I have looked on the net but no luck. I didn't know if it was a problem or not, although I do have to keep cleaning them off as the fountain starts clogging up and shooting the water out the pond!
I hope someone has some info, and thanks for your time in advance.

Ask a Question