addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds good to me, we have some very active members here.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Soooo back on topic!

These are the trophies we've got over on Living Reefs, so we are thinking that they would work pretty well here.
1 year old...
1st Living Reefs anniversary! Thanks for joining!

Prolific Poster
Over 1000 posts... keep going!

Showcased
Added a showcase item to the site - good work!

1000 Likes
Has achieved over 1000 likes. Well done!

5 year Anniversary
Been a member for over 5 years. Thanks for joining Garden Pond Forums!

Super Poster
Reached an incredible 10,000 posts! Good job!

5000 Likes
Gained over 5,000 likes!

There is a way that you can get a little medal under your username to show which trophies you have won (we use this on Living Reefs) so if it's a popular idea we'll add it here too.
Since these are apparently stat based trophies, Becky, I would also suggest:

Fame/Human Centipede:
Over 100 followers

Paparazzi:
Following over 100.

Centenarian:
100 years old and up. We gotta respect the elderly, right?

Trophied:
Over 5 trophies. Yes, this is a trophy for those with trophies.

Reaction score
Turtle Mommy,

That is probably my favorite episode, too! I watch it again and again, especially around St. Patty's Day.

Becky,

Those "trophy" categories you listed sound swell. I am not sure of the anniversary trophies, though. The reason behind this opinion is what if someone joins, posts two or three times and then is totally inactive for the entire rest of the year or longer? Members who just pop in and then blow town shouldn't really get an award even though they are still on the member roster. They should only get that if they are currently active in posting.

Gordy

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I fully agree with Gordy; since anyone who posts once, or for that matter signs up and NEVER EVEN posts, remains on the members list forever. I've often wondered why these 'casual' visitors aren't removed from the list, say after one year?
John

Reaction score
Great point John,

Maybe such members could be inticed to post more by sending them a robot email that informs them that we want to hear from them again and that if they post, they can earn their "trophy point". I would not cancel anyone's membership status simply because they do not post. But they should not earn trophy points for it. They may be avid readers, but don't like to post. That is totally fine and completely acceptable in my opinion as everyone is an individual and they may have their own specific ways of communicating.

If they just want to lurk around and read about what everyone else is doing with their ponds, that is great! To be honest, I am one of those quiet people, too. You may not percieve that of me, but I am. I need to feel comfortable with the people I am around before I open up and start or join in conversations. Obviously I now feel very much at home with all of you and have no troubles talking (typing) with all of you. And I have to tell you, it's a great deal of fun learning with you and coming to know all of you and sharing stories and things with you. I am certainly glad that I joined this forum because I have learned so much in the short time that I have been a member and I have had so much fun meeting so many people from all over!

If you didn't realize it up front here, that's a trophy from me to you (and I mean to imply everyone).

Gordy

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am very quiet too, just feel at home here, as you all can tell I type just a little bit lol

Reaction score
'Muricans!

Dang RIGHT Dr. Sir John Huff! I am with you 100% on the "Muricans!"

:)

American Flag and Eagle.png

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hey, how about Canucks? And yes, Addy, we know you're the quiet type (only 18,000+ posts) :rolleyes:.
Gordy, since my last post I've been trying to get to the members list, and something has changed. I can see the most prolific, the most-liked, the handsomest (we were both in there), and so forth, but no total list of everyone from the last 50 years, so maybe that's changed. On the 'old' forum you could hover the cursor over a name to see when that person was last on line. I'm assuming that feature still exists somewhere! If a member hasn't logged in for a certain length of time, (1 year, 2 years), we can pretty well assume that person is no longer interested. I know, I know.... When you assume you make an ass of u and me. But I'm just saying that having logged on five years ago should not give you an automatic 'trophy' especially if you've never even posted.
John

P.s. Yes, Dr. Sir Etc, Etc, Etc, your name was there under 'Handsomest' as well! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol when stuck in the house, snow, heat whatever, it is relaxing to sit and chat with my friends.

I am sure Becky and Ian would not award a trophy to a absent member, i.e. logged in once 10 yrs ago and never posted again. Just to you handsome ones............

Reaction score
Hey, how about Canucks? And yes, Addy, we know you're the quiet type (only 18,000+ posts) :rolleyes:.
Gordy, since my last post I've been trying to get to the members list, and something has changed. I can see the most prolific, the most-liked, the handsomest (we were both in there), and so forth, but no total list of everyone from the last 50 years, so maybe that's changed. On the 'old' forum you could hover the cursor over a name to see when that person was last on line. I'm assuming that feature still exists somewhere! If a member hasn't logged in for a certain length of time, (1 year, 2 years), we can pretty well assume that person is no longer interested. I know, I know.... When you assume you make an ass of u and me. But I'm just saying that having logged on five years ago should not give you an automatic 'trophy' especially if you've never even posted.
John

P.s. Yes, Dr. Sir Etc, Etc, Etc, your name was there under 'Handsomest' as well! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

John,

Certainly Canucks, too! Everyone! Except those folks in Antarctica. I think they're just pullin' our legs when they brag about their ponds down there. I mean really, who wants to stare at beautiful fish if they never swim about, even if you can skate on the pond all year! ;)

I understand what you say regarding not being able to see older member lists. I wonder if that could be due to the new upgrade?

Gordy

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
SURPRISE :D

(If you qualify for a trophy but haven't had one awarded yet, give it a day for it to appear - as the system is working in the background with the calculations :)).

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Now we are all going to be trophy watchers!
Thanks Ian

oh my Just saw them pop up.............I got a few..............blushing..............

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patinmb

Latest Threads