what do YOU think?

Reaction score
the animal shelter would further the "consequences to you actions" train of thought...

Exactly and it still follows the cruelity to animals theme. I just would'nt want to be a slave to the court ordered time schedule. Sometimes I do my work in the pond on weekends, sometimes after work on a weekday etc. For such a punishment to be enforceable, the court would have to set up days and times for the little criminals to do their work (under my supervision). Besides, I rather enjoy doing the work myself, it is after all a fulfilling part of the hobby. Sentencing them to 100 hours of work at the animal shelter would surely kill many a weekend of the minors and let them know that there are consequences to thier actions.

Reaction score
I would think as big a fine as possible is best. Nothing better than the kids parents having to pay $$$. Parents (good ones or bad ones) will likely make the kids life hell once the parents pay a nice big fine for the kids stupid actions. Nothing makes you "learn" better behaviours unless you loose something important and $$$ is easist to enforce.

I wonder if putting up signs around a pond that says "Under video Surveillance" would deter this from happening (with or without actual cameras rolling).

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i dont know.. if i give my 16 year old daughter a choice of spending the weekend home or no allowance (and i have plenty of times) she picks losing her allowance. losing weekends is about as bad as it gets for a teenager at least her. ive said she was going to be grounded for that weekend and had her offer up 2 or 3 weeks of allowance instead. i gotta add she would never think about doing something that stupid tho!!

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
yes koiguy it was BBK ...i think they should have to clean out a park pond that should be nice and dirty for them and lots of people would see them doing it ...and i have a camera on my pond as its in my front garden ..also think parents should pay a fine if there under age ...they should also band from keeping pets of there own

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
i dont know.. if i give my 16 year old daughter a choice of spending the weekend home or no allowance (and i have plenty of times) she picks losing her allowance. losing weekends is about as bad as it gets for a teenager at least her. ive said she was going to be grounded for that weekend and had her offer up 2 or 3 weeks of allowance instead. i gotta add she would never think about doing something that stupid tho!!

Well, that's likely because you raised your daughter to be a proper human being and to know right from stupid, koiguy. Teenagers and children will inevitably do something silly at one time or another in their lives, and we hopefully can put them on the right path. But to kill defenseless animals in such a cruel manner really says something about the mental stability of these boys.

Yes, I remember that BBK basically gave up after this happened. She had warned earlier that she had some neighborhood kids that she was worried about when it came to her pond. It was sad to see her situation come to fruition as she had predicted. What a heart break it must have been for sure after so much effort with her pond.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I think they were being kids thinking it would be funny to fill the pond with bubbles ..
Hopefully they weren't thinking what would happen to the koi..
A summer of taking care of the pond for the home owner would be a good start

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichV

Latest Threads