What is this?

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I see this flower every morning on my walk, it is indigenous to Mexico but I'm curious as to what it is, any idea?
flower4.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I don’t know, but it is stunning. The leaves look almost like what we call “ mother in laws tongue “ a small houseplant.

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Well I guess it's a bromeliad, thank you. J.W. no unfortunately. We moved out for a year as my wife was convinced that we were too old to be living this remote, if we needed an ambulance we would be in trouble. But our neighbors in the city knew I had been a paramedic and their son cut his wrist, it took almost an hour for the ambulance to get there and they were really poorly trained, stretcher fetchers we called them in the US. So we moved back to the ranch and after being empty for a year it has been one thing after another, the worse thing for a house is to just sit empty. The well pump went out, the electric gate froze up, my truck was hit, etc. Maybe someday.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Felipe so sorry you could not stay there in the jungle's of Mexico as it sounded like quite an adventurous place to live and I know how you love to get out and wander to see the most magnificent sites. Sorry you are having so many issues w/the old place. I'm sure tho w/your skills you will have it up and running just the way you want it eventually. Have you written anymore books? I sure enjoyed reading your book and getting to be a character in it!

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
J.W. we are back in the jungle in Mexico and I love it, she wanted to move back to the city, not me. I only mentioned some of the things that went wrong leaving the house empty, the large underground cistern had to be cleaned. I added additional filters to our well, my annual car insurance came due. The water heater went out and my car battery expired.

I have been editing the original books and forgot just how good they were, I'm on "The New World" now.

I manage a Facebook group of almost 4,000 people about moving to Mexico because your dollars go so much further here. It's nothing like you hear, the people are friendly, the culture is Rich and the food is wonderful. So I wrote a book about moving here and why you should. If this is not allowed please remove it but here it is.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah so you were gone for awhile and are back now. Sounds like you love it there still and will not be leaving anytime soon. Neat you are still writing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patinmb

Latest Threads